Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS market, very dead.

Article about: For sale, sold in one day, because the market for SS regalia is dead. Croaked.

SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.Croaked, worthless, junk, Tandel, Tritsch und Tratsch, and I should not have done.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS market, very dead.
    P
    Many

?

4 years since the last post on this thread and I would like to declare that the SS market is indeed TOT. Just yesterday I witnessed the average price on a standard Deschler TK rise over $200 on the more reputable websites, henceforth the benchmark has been moved for all other dealers in the know. I have seen the average price rise over $400 on TK's in the last 2 years even during the pandemic of 2020. That is until you try to sell one to a dealer then they offer you 2010 prices if you're lucky. It's just not feasible to pay $1600 for a standard skull with no finish on it. I'm lucky that I have been able to amass a nice variety of skulls to keep me happy for a lifetime. If and when I see a bargain I will bite but otherwise I hand over the baton to the next skull fanatic. I will now concentrate on caps that can be had for the price of the 3-4 badges. They are more appealing when found in situ as F-B often proclaimed. I'm moving on from the role of button collector.

SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.

Holy Moly! Nice collection Aldo! Good to see you moving into visors. You might leave a scrap or two for a newbie collector like myself.
    John
    Last edited by Rescue190; 11-16-2020 at 02:18 PM.

?

Too late John, there is nothing left LOL

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I'm moving on from the role of button collector.
    Well done. Our friend F-B would celebrate your growth. I hope he is well.

Hey Aldo Mate, they are all old pitted and rusty!!! dunno Plus I can smell the stinky caps!!

Always a treat & a pleasure to view Aldo's (& of course FB's) collection. If you do as well with caps as you have with skulls were all in for another treat! Regards, Paul

Very impressive!

?

Thanks Aldo for digging up this thread. Haven't seen this yet. It is sadly too true that the SS market is crazily inflated on dealer sites. I just hope that one day I'll get lucky and score something at auction.

?

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Thanks Aldo for digging up this thread. Haven't seen this yet. It is sadly too true that the SS market is crazily inflated on dealer sites. I just hope that one day I'll get lucky and score something at auction.

It's really the only way to get a bargain without actually picking it yourself from the source. The problem is that most auctions with SS items are filled with fake and fantasypieces. The one's that are not, sell items at a high premium not to mention the extra 20% added to the hammer price. I've only gotten one so called bargain if you could call it that with this beat up aluminum Deschler skull that nobody bid on because it looked fake. I still ended paying about $400 with fees added in.

SS market, very dead.SS market, very dead.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast