Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS mess dress badge

Article about: Hey all, Finally got this picture up today; Below is an item a fellow collector is selling and I was wondering if it is indeed authentic. From my personal knowledge I'm quite sure it is but

Default SS mess dress badge

Hey all,

Finally got this picture up today;

Below is an item a fellow collector is selling and I was wondering if it is indeed authentic.

From my personal knowledge I'm quite sure it is but one can never be to careful.

Thanks,

Empereur.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS mess dress badge
    P
    Many

Default re: SS mess dress badge

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    a 2d image. I do not have an image of the back, but it is totally different than the fake piece at the head of this thread.
    There has never been an accurate fake made of this badge due to the fact that there has never been a published photograph of the reverse of this rare badge. I believe the one Herr Berthold is showing is an original example that was found at the S O S in the midst of a plethera of fake
    S S insignia. A lucky individual got it for $25.00. I later bought it at a far higher price.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Just a side note, wouldn't it be more appropriate with Allgemeine SS as headline to this thread?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This breast badge was worn by both Waffen and Allgemeine SS, as you shall see if you look at the page I included from the SS Kleiderkasse catalog.

This being said, I do not imagine that the formal suit for polite society was frequently worn by soldiers much as the war progressed.

However, I enclose an image of SS Junker and I think Fegelein wearing the suit....

Thank you very much F-B. You learn something new every day.

Quote by Anders S View Post
    Thank you very much F-B. You learn something new every day.
    Dear Anders, please see post 5 in this thread. We are grateful for your kind contributions here.

Thank you F-B, I know I'm speaking for many others when I say that we're grateful for your knowledge and kind contributions on this forum.

(Btw, I believe you can read what "Rep. Power 8" is if you press the "FAQ" button in the upper right corner on this site.)

War relics forum- Military history. WW1 and WW2 military collecting, relics, archeology - FAQ: User Profile Features