Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?

Article about: Any information on this SS Deathhead skull pin/brooch would be appreciated. It is clearly marked with the RZM on the upper back of skull. Not finding much on this particular pin anywhere whi

Default SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?

Any information on this SS Deathhead skull pin/brooch would be appreciated. It is clearly marked with the RZM on the upper back of skull. Not finding much on this particular pin anywhere which makes me suspect it. If real would like to know what unit that this was worn, etc.
    Pin appears to be of brass but not really sure - thought about cleaning it but wanted to get some information first. It measures 4 inches long and at the wides part is 1 1/8 inches wide.
    SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?

I am sorry to tell you that this badge is a copy (not a good copy) of an SS mess badge worn only on dress tuxedo. They are very rare. They have also caused many people distress -read through the posts and you will see (I find them ugly).
    Is this SS pin bogus?

SS Dress Tuxedo Badge

You will find a photo of an original one in the second thread owned by the greatly esteemed Bob Hritz. It should be obvious why yours is wrong after reading. Good Luck!SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?SS Mess dress badge: Real? Fake?
    Last edited by jHAM; 07-13-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Thank you for the info - yes I understand the distress that this kind of thing conjures up and do not aim to distress anyone. I'm just trying to research some estate items for appraisals and nothing more.

One other question - What material were they made out of? Just curious.

Correct me if I am wrong folks, but isn't the signs of light green the examples of artificial aging also?

Mike