Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS NCO Clemens Wagner visor opinions?

Article about: Gents, While in search for an authentic SS NCO visor, I came across this one for sell. Looks to be a Clemens Wagner visor in decent shape. No insignia, which was a concern. The seller is Jer

Default SS NCO Clemens Wagner visor opinions?

Gents,

While in search for an authentic SS NCO visor, I came across this one for sell. Looks to be a Clemens Wagner visor in decent shape. No insignia, which was a concern. The seller is Jerry from militarycollectorsHQ. Fair price, but has some staining to the piping as seen. It was suggested this could be cleaned up with an oxystick or something similar.

Just curious as to what other members would say about this visor. I’m on a modest budget for one of this. 3k-5k. I do have a Zimmerman skull and eagle, so that’s one of the reasons I’m considering it. But not sure if that is the correct verison for this visor?

Thanks
    AT
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS NCO Clemens Wagner visor opinions?   SS NCO Clemens Wagner visor opinions?  

SS NCO Clemens Wagner visor opinions?   SS NCO Clemens Wagner visor opinions?  

SS NCO Clemens Wagner visor opinions?   SS NCO Clemens Wagner visor opinions?  

SS NCO Clemens Wagner visor opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS NCO Clemens Wagner visor opinions?
    P
    Many

I would recommend passing on this--as you note, some rocket scientist tried to recolor the piping.
    It will never come out without affecting the surrounding fabric.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

There are 2 for sale on the other forum, you might want to try negotiating a price with them:

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Here is another 100% original from the Bob Hritz collection--I am sure the site owner would also negotiate:

Allgemeine-SS Visor Cap -Mint RZM/49

Yes, I saw that one. Indeed a beauty. I spoke with Mr Demel over the phone once about it before. Not sure if he would negotiate, but it is definitely worth trying to see.