Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions please

Article about: SS collar insignia have been faked on a large scale since the 1960s, if not before.

Default Re: SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions please

SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseThere are apparently RZM and even RZM/SS ones, but since I do not pry the little thingies off the tunics, I don't really know. I abhor all the prying to see the back of things hidden by fate and meant to remain secret.
    Not all things want or need to be known, and some imponderables do not better equip the collector to surmount uncertainty. Uncertainty is the norm, especially with all this junk, I'll tell you.
    It is especially so in the digital struggle for consensus, which to my mind is more an attempt to bludgeon people into group think.

Hooray for oddities is what I say.

- - Updated - -

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    such catalogs are a glaring hole in my resources which i am finding difficult to fill. i do not find that such catalogs grow on trees.

not to complain, as half the joy of collecting is in the hunt.

one day...

Reddick in Texas has reprinted it, and you should have little trouble finding one in advanced book exchange. They were also reprinted in the 60s, and I have one from then.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions please
    P
    Many

i truly appreciate you pointing me in this direction, Friedrich-Berthold.

i never stop learning. the rate of learning may change, but there are members, such as yourself, which keep that rate thankfully high.

i first found this tab perfectly fine and noted its shortened shape but did not think this was enough to change whether i might like to own it myself or not. but my attention being drawn to those little Sternchen, i think i began seeing enough to change my stance on that point. i wonder if i am choking myself on details tonight i need not.

i truly appreciate you pointing me in this direction, Friedrich-Berthold.

i never stop learning. the rate of learning may change, but there are members, such as yourself, which keep that rate thankfully high.

i first found this tab perfectly fine and noted its shortened shape but did not think this was enough to change whether i might like to own it myself or not. but my attention being drawn to those little Sternchen, i think i began seeing enough to change my stance on that point. i wonder if i am choking myself on details tonight i need not.

My pleasure, colleague. I grew up with said source. I think it is still at hand, or was in the 1990s, which to me was just yesterday. No need to choke, and my point is also this: the electric pictures are a fun house hall of mirrors, which the real item in hand, under your nose, as it were is not.

I have the slight advantage of having heaped up what one of my detractors here calls a "hoard" and not a collection, which enables me to generalize with perhaps more verve than some.

In fact, in so many of these things, there is little standardization even when it was more or less standardized. I.e. the 1927 or 1929 Hoheitszeichen in real life seems to me to be endlessly different, and I own several on caps. None really resembles the other.

My sharp tone was not directed at Mr. Tempelhof, who is a pillar of our little group.

SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseTrash and junk from the past to make everyone go insane. The sight of it all at a tender age tossed me into Bedlam at an early moment, and that was fifty years ago.

i did understand this and i do say that i appreciate all dialogue with you which i have always been made the better by.

"Trash and junk from the past to make everyone go insane."

and there, the work of Giuseppe Arcimboldo.

your collages always have within them a narrative that goes well beyond the images themselves.

SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseHappy pips, friends, and may all your fondest dreams become reality when we older collectors kick the bucket and the cornucopia of thingies rains down on the aisles of empty militaria shows and clogs streets filled with tumble weed and howling hyenas of the 21st century. Pip, pip...!

SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseI did not mean that Arcimboldo should make anyone insane, but this is an image of fall, that is, of autumn, in which I find my life and my career. My wife taught me to enjoy these paintings in the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Wien, where I have not been for awhile, too long a while really, and I put it here to give some perspective.

The sight of the word "pips" will make one do such things, you know.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-21-2013 at 07:13 AM.

i see. still, the narrative is there.

the painting is called "Autumn" as you know. i surmised that the painting was also appropriate because some scholars have thought Acrimboldo to have been insane.

nonetheless, i always know each image in your collages has its reason for being there.

i enjoy them all.

i see. still, the narrative is there.

the painting is called "Autumn" as you know. i surmised that the painting was also appropriate because some scholars have thought Acrimboldo to have been insane.

nonetheless, i always know each image in your collages has its reason for being there.

i enjoy them all.

Thank you. Much good fortune in your collecting do I wish you.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast