Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions please

Article about: SS collar insignia have been faked on a large scale since the 1960s, if not before.

Default Re: SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions please

Sternchen! Thanks FB. I couldn't recall the proper name. I just called them pips as is the common lingo. You mentioned a publication that had Sternchens. Is there any way i can see the important information? Perhaps there is an older thread that specifically deals with Sternchen types, sizes, and other relevant data. Been digging around and have not come across detailed data. Thanks FB and Tempelhof. Expanding on Sternchens is great.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions please
    P
    Many

SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseThe Assmann sales catalog, which is fairly easy to find as a reprint. No serious collector should be without it. For the Sterne und Sternchen....see pp. 127-8 in the Reddick edition of this item. There is a whole page of the little darlings in subtle variety.

- - Updated - -

There are also Steinhauer und Lueck catalogs, as well out there somewhere.

SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseAssmann was a regalia firm central to the rise of the SA and RZM system.

The struggle with the pictures without the regalia itself is a lost undertaking as far as I am concerned.

SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseSS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions pleaseI was puzzled by one feature of a cap I saw only in pictures, and then once I got the thing in real life, it was so picco bello that I was a fool to have ever doubted the thing. However, these images vary in quality and effect. I am a bad photographer, while some of you are quite skilled. However, the digital picture alone is never sufficient. Never. This phenomenon is made worse by the hyper fussy nit picking that is the norm on these sites, and which is the central goal of certain personages here, who, truth be told, neither have a collection, nor really know very much....but they can draw digital attention to themselves and derive the Rausch of digital exhibitionism by such splitting of hairs on the airwaves.

Thanks buddy! I will now begin the quest to find these catalogs. Great idea and these instruments can help out greatly.

I think the Reddick one is easily had for a very slight price compared to all the heartache of dodgy insignia and such. Remember: pp. 127-8.

Octavian,

Please find a few rank tabs from my humble collection complete with appropriate adornments which may help you in your quest.

As you will note these are all slightly different and are but a small sample of what is available.SS Obersturmbannführer Tab opinions please

Good luck.

to me, this has turned out to be quite a valuable thread.

thank you, gentlemen.

Nice Bochman. Great examples of original SS officer tabs. I see all the variations in Sternchens. I had no idea of all the different sternchens available. The sternchens on the SS Obersturmbannführer Tab must be of the bigger, over-sized style. Your SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer Tab shows over-sized pips.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast