Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS officer Visor

Article about: Hello guys, found this visor on eBay and wanted to share. Please some opinions. I'm not an expert. Kris.

?

Default SS officer Visor

SS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer Visor

Hello guys,

found this visor on eBay and wanted to share.
    Please some opinions. I'm not an expert.

Kris.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS officer Visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS officer Visor

With the limited images, I am dubious. It has all of the tricks fakers use-remove the fake insignia, roll the hat in dirt which is not a natural soiling. Pictures of the interior and backside of the visor would certainly tell us what it is. The piping does not appear to be up to the standard of installation found in period caps.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    With the limited images, I am dubious. It has all of the tricks fakers use-remove the fake insignia, roll the hat in dirt which is not a natural soiling. Pictures of the interior and backside of the visor would certainly tell us what it is. The piping does not appear to be up to the standard of installation found in period caps.
    Bob is completely right, as ever. That is a piece of junk. He owned real SS officer's caps before I was even born. Sapere aude.

I have appended so many images of real caps, I won't do it now, but just look at my many threads. You won't find more images anywhere.....

The interior pictures did not load when I first commented. The lining, sweat band and visor are all incorrect in construction. This cap would only fool a novice. Ebay is not a good place to buy genuine relics.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

SS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer VisorSS officer VisorThough I should not really do this, because I have done it so often.