Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Officers Eagle--Opinions

Article about: Backing material, outline stitching, bullion wire composition, shape of the swastika and wreath...the eye detailing, the cross stitching on the chest....I like it.

Default SS Officers Eagle--Opinions

Hello all, this is my newest pick-up. I have been wanting one for years and finally had one I could afford come up for sale. I think I did enough research to have purchased a good one but I thought I would post it on here to obtain some other opinions. Thank you all in advance!!!

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Eagle--Opinions   SS Officers Eagle--Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Eagle--Opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Officers Eagle--Opinions

Not a variant I recognise but the stitching looks period

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It came from that big collection that DaveJ was selling on WAF. I like it and it was reviewed on there but we shall see the responses on here.

Jeff

I like it,then what do I know.

Quote by Killroy View Post
    It came from that big collection that DaveJ was selling on WAF. I like it and it was reviewed on there but we shall see the responses on here.

Jeff
    Oh, I am not saying its fake Jeff, it looks good!! Just havent seen that style

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I don't know much about these, but I know I like this one and I think I want one, too! Congratulations!

VERY nice!

?

Nice looking bird. Looks a lot like one I have had for a very long time. Here is your and then my eagle. Pardon the photo a crop job from a larger photo. This bird show more age toning.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Eagle--Opinions  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Officers Eagle--Opinions 

A nice bullion period Adler. Good pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Kirby may I see the back of your bird? I am getting some mixed reviews on another forum about this bird. If the Bob's and Ade are not out for the holidays I would appreciate a quick look before I take other steps with the seller. Also for those of you that have commented, could you please cite why this bird is good and not one of the good fakes?

Jeff

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast