Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS officers early bullion tab

Article about: Buy or not? As I newer owned myself original early tabs made in non aluminum thread, I would like to hear proffesional opinions about that one. So here is the tab, with proper early backing

?

Default SS officers early bullion tab

Buy or not? As I newer owned myself original early tabs made in non aluminum thread, I would like to hear proffesional opinions about that one.
    So here is the tab, with proper early backing and piping like I have seen on the early NSKK high officers tabs, the bullion thread looks like some kind of brass, instead of aluminum.
    I would hear thoughts about...
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS officers early bullion tab   SS officers early bullion tab  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS officers early bullion tab
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS officers early bullion tab

This kind of Silbergespinst thread was surely used on SA and other types of SS regalia, i.e. Aermelstreifen as well as Muetzenkordel in the era before say 1936 or so. It was also used in the Reichswehr, as well. If you look in Peter Jenkins' material he has posted, you can plainly see its use in various pieces of regalia.

Bob Hritz is the authority on these things for me, actually.

Happy runes.

The runes look very good, the material looks very coarse??

PHILBROWN
    ?

super one look nice gen tab, great age too however if by asking for proffesional opinions, you may get 2 or 3, we mostly do this for a pass time not living

This is an original, pre-RZM collar tab. I have a pair that is made of silver plated copper wire, from an earlier period.

Dimas, this is a very scarce collar tab.

Bob Hritz

This is an earlier pair with fine wire embroidery and piping. Even the litzen is the early silver plated type. The piping is similar to Dimas' example.

Pre-RZM for sure.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS officers early bullion tab   SS officers early bullion tab  

?

Thank you guys
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Peter Jenkins showed me this sample book in 2005 in Vienna.

It plainly contained SS insignia made from silver wire versus the alu. wire. (note text here in sample itself...)

Such was an entirely normal feature of regalia in the imperial and Weimar period. The alu. was introduced, among other reasons, for its modern look as well as it did not need polish and maintenance, unlike the older varieties of bullion/wire thread insignia.

I am sure my colleague David Delich would confirm.

He is also trying to register to post here, and cannot do so, so might I ask the moderators to enable him to do so via their lines of communication with him.

I do not mean to grand stand, but the issue is present.

Congratulations to our friend in the Baltic for a nice treasure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS officers early bullion tab  

?

Why no enquiry as to dimensions? Concious of the required 45mm height (i recollect) etc i would be interested to the extent that this is considered relevant? i've previously rejected at a first sweep tabs with non comforming dimensions.

An early tab such as this likely predates the regulations set by the RZM. An experienced eye can recognize an original tabs by the material used and how the runes are hand applied. On any hand made items, slight variations may occur from worker to worker.
    Such variances would be considered within tolerance.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast