Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS officers tabs

Article about: Thanks in advance for any opinions on these. I have had these forever. I have always thought the way the runes were tilted was strange but there are several examples in the beaver SS insigni

?

Default SS officers tabs

Thanks in advance for any opinions on these. I have had these forever. I have always thought the way the runes were tilted was strange but there are several examples in the beaver SS insignia book and some period photos. I like the quality of the bullion. The rank tab has some very small size pipes. Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS officers tabs   SS officers tabs  

SS officers tabs   SS officers tabs  

SS officers tabs   SS officers tabs  

SS officers tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS officers tabs
    P
    Many

Something appears to look amiss..I dont collect these collar tabs..but I have seen reproductions look better than this. If Im wrong my apologies. The SS runes..does not appear to be positioned correctly and is very bright in appearance. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The positioning of the runes is a little strange but the Mike Beaver SS insignia book,that came out a couple of years ago, shows similar positioning. He also shows period photos. I think the flash makes the runes look a little brighter. I got these tabs in the mid 70's. So this isn't a current repo and I haven't seen a similar set. I only post these because of what I saw in the book.

Thanks

Kirby

Kirby you know more than I do ..just my opinion..and still a student in this great hobby. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I haven't collected much SS insignia in the past 20+ years so that's why I am asking for opinions.

Kirby,

Sorry, but I do not think that these are correct as the runes are the wrong shape, the wool does not look correct, the silver edges are too thick and not platted properly, the silver wire looks good but the direction of the weave looks wrong and the pips on the rank tab look overly small.

Would not be for me.

I have to say that if I have ever seen the right hand rune being higher than the left hand rune, I certainly cannot remember it. I would have to pass on these tabs.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

These tabs are not good, not only the symmetry is not good but also the wiring and the backsides.

?

Thanks for the info. I never had a good feeling about these.

All the best