Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

ss officers uniform

Article about: "SS ruins" is one way of putting it, I guess. I am not a fake SS cap skull savant, but this here (the thing above in all its splendor) is, in fact, a fake cap badge. All of these s

Default Re: ss officers uniform

another example of foetid woolens. When you criticize something here, then please try to furnish visual evidence to under gird your assertions. Such a deed helps others to learn and makes this site more valuable.ss officers uniformss officers uniform

This one is not mine. Do you know where it is? It is for the Kaiserslautern Standarte, though Homburg is on the road to Saarbruecken...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss officers uniform
    P
    Many

?

I wish to withdraw reply #97, as quote "?!" to Oberstgrupenfuhrer's "thumbs up" reply - I would swear I was replying to something different.

I do not doubt F-B's documentary evidence in the least.

Frog.

Quote by Frog View Post

How could anyone? He conveys a sense of being VERY GOOD at what he knows . . . all from DOCUMENTED experience - the documented experience is the key to that of which we all enjoy so much!

Keep up the good work, FB! (and to you as well "Frog" . . .)

Quote by Frog View Post
    I wish to withdraw reply #97, as quote "?!" to Oberstgrupenfuhrer's "thumbs up" reply - I would swear I was replying to something different.

Dear Bruce, the initial post was a list of faults, to which you responded. The person then changed his post to a more positive assessment or whatever.
    I should not have revived this rogue and somehow silly, circular post of some time ago, other than I re read it and it made me see how futile so much of our effort is. I should have shown more restraint, but the machine unearths these things, and I re read and re posted it out of some didactic impulse that went wrong. The nature of knowledge amid the search for authenticity faces some serious obstacles, that is bloody certain!

Happy posts and chasing of tales and tails.

Frog.
    ss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniform

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    How could anyone? He conveys a sense of being VERY GOOD at what he knows . . . all from DOCUMENTED experience - the documented experience is the key to that of which we all enjoy so much!

Keep up the good work, FB! (and to you as well "Frog" . . .)
    thanks for the kind words, indeed. I footnote, therefore I am......

I also seriously wonder whether the method of inquiry of these sites does much good at the end of the day. The correlation of force is so uneven, and there are so few persons who really add value that I think the generation of doubt, envy, greed, and the dogmas of the cartel of anxiety, to wit: "oh, that stitch is not holy enough for Saint Robert of Lubstein...!" or "Oh my God, Saint Deschler and Saint Sohn von Muenchen would never have allowed that die to have been struck especially at tea time (Jause) on 20 September 1938....!!, because I was there..." means that the mountebanks are winning over the foot note dweebs.ss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniform

Wow! Now that took a long time for me to read the entire 11 pages of this thread. It seems the cry-baby who started the thread has long departed, buried beneath a veritable tsunami of documented and (free!) experten advice, AND YET! It appears just as I get to the very end, another one pops up! May I ask about the rep power rating? I imagine it has something to do with the amount of postings, or valued advice etc, so how did Fritz the Cat get a rep power of 3 with just 14 posts, most which seem to me to be argumentative at best, and downright rude at worst? Or is it short for repugnant?
    Last edited by Troy Tempest; 07-10-2011 at 10:17 AM.

I have no idea, really. I forgot about this thread. The frequency of such exchanges has increased, although the moderators do pitch out some miscreants when they cross certain red lines. I think there should be an exam in order to collect SS material, or at least to engage in an advanced exchange on this site. Nice people who want to learn could take a tutorial, and those who simply want to argue we could just flunk out and expel.
    In any case, I am less eager to engage in these senseless to and fro thingies any longer.
    Happy collecting.ss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniform
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-10-2011 at 03:42 PM.

If you read the other whacko site, the unhappiness about fake black SS caps has now lead to this fact: "it's over" because, so the line of reasoning goes, this material is now worthless as no one can distinguish the fake from the real. A novel line of reasoning, don't you think? All SS material is now only worth .25 cents and those of us who own it should set it ablaze. Such assertions and analysis as the foregoing constitute a major reason why I am inclined to pack all of this in. No good deed goes unpunished, and the expectation of a kind of digital nanny state for the naive collector, who is to be made immune to his own stupid mistakes by some third party whom one can then degrade and humiliate like an indulgent parent, frankly mocks all description. This thread, in which I tried to explain the truth to a naive collector, for which I was then hectored and pilloried by sophomoric idiocy, is ample proof of how really ridiculous is the attitude of some out there towards knowledge and the essentials necessary to collect this regalia---really, to even understand what it is in historical and antiquarian terms.ss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniformss officers uniform

For me, the great achievement of the Internet has been the opportunity to meet on line and later in person a great mentor and colleague such as FB. As he has stated, the hysteria at the other site indicates how little so many have learned from the great opportunity available for free from the knowledge and experience of experienced collectors such as FB and our moderator Bob Hritz. We are fortunate for this site, our members and the strict enforcement of the rules by Ade that curbs the juvenile bickering and name calling so often found in other venues.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks, dear colleague. The hysteria and paranoia that reigns elsewhere merely mirrors the time in which we live. I am grateful for the chance to have made your acquaintance through the magic of this medium, about which I have mixed feelings. Our moderators, of whom Bob Coleman is a signal personage, as well as Bob Hiurtz and Adrian Stevenson (we all met via the Gottlieb site of early last decade...) enforce discipline and order that is totally lacking in all other locales.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast