Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

ss officers uniform

Article about: "SS ruins" is one way of putting it, I guess. I am not a fake SS cap skull savant, but this here (the thing above in all its splendor) is, in fact, a fake cap badge. All of these s

Default Re: ss officers uniform

Fritzthecat,

Perhaps you should post close up, clear photographs of the uniform insignia for individual discussion. I have had a little experience with such things and may be able to add some detailed comments.

Bob Hritz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss officers uniform
    P
    Many

?

Quote by fritzthecat1966423 View Post
    ok so much for strait answers you have been a lot of non help I asked some specific questions to better my understanding and all i get is fake fake and then a bunch of flaming gee thanks for the lessons.
    Fritz you are receiving the time and knowledge for no advantage to themselves of some very very experienced collectors in the Field of SS Uniforms,caps, insignia etc perhaps you should appreciate that.

On this forum we do not tolerate those who post items and then become unpleasant when they don't hear what they want too so please feel free to continue to post but please no more posts of this nature " biting the hands " that are feeding you knowledge !!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Fritz -

You have much to learn.

Good manners prevent me from saying anything further.

Quote by Frog View Post
    Fritz -

You have much to learn.

Good manners prevent me from saying anything further.
    We all have much to learn, and all of us have paid bitterly and too dear for our past mistakes. We are eager to learn here from one another and thereby enlighten the newcomer with a high standard, for which we have to fight in this instance. Such cases as this go against our fundamental principles, especially if this site is employed (and I use the passive voice) as an attempt to sell questionable items with a more questionable story which is then used to defame and belittle the authority of people who toil hard for the commonweal. Were this uniform authentic, it would be worth many multiples of whatever price was bandied about here. The collective experience here measured in years as well as value of collections is pretty staggering, and endlessly more valuable than this fake uniform and pathetic looking cap. But this sort of provocation, in which berzerk forces try to destroy authority is pretty much the norm in this century. One sees it on television and in the world wide web without surcease. To come to the point, I have already corresponded with the moderators in this case, and made a recommendation for remedy as befits good order and discipline here.

Of course, how do I or my colleagues here with a half century of experience (and in the aggregate, of course, a few centuries of experience) tell some bloke that a piece is fake? We all try our best to illustrate what we assert with evidence. The group of us here does so with illustrations, documents, and analysis. Such is not perfect, but it is surely more than any of us superannuated collectors had in the beginning of our search. This approach leaves no room for the terrible simplifier and the blowhard, or, those who set out to sabotage this work with a standard set of tricks that unfold here too frequently. Such figures aim to manipulate and otherwise seduce readers here who are disoriented by the overwhelming scale of this medium and who are they prone to simplistic answers, especially the wrong ones. This is an old habit of crowds, commented on by brilliant minds a century ago (read the works which influenced Schickelgruber in Mein Kampf about crowds and propaganda... Le Bon and the others...) and that is what we have here in a new form.

I am an extremist when it comes to a deliberate attempt to break down the mechanism whereby we exchange information and knowledge through baiting and the turning of a blind eye and a deaf ear to what is overwhelming evidence. The other sites were swept in the goo with a tidal wave of such malarkey where they languish today, weighted down with nonsense and Punch and Judy show of "he said this..." and "she said that..." and a Three Stooges slapstick approach to collecting which destroys anyone's interest and damages the value of historic relics.
    Ohne mich. One "lesson of history" drawn after 1945 in central Europe has been "wehret den Anfaengen...," which in our idiom is called zero tolerance.

My tirade at an end, I shall now go make friends with Big Daddy's nieces, whose image was ethnically cleansed since my last writing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss officers uniform  
    Attached Images Attached Images ss officers uniform 

This is not a picture of an SS cap badge. Had you a time machine to tell this man what such a thing would be worth today, he would either die laughing or try to beat you with the little strength left to him on 800 calories a day. For all we know, he made "sculls...."

F-B What did you say there? That man made "skulls"? Can you give more info about that? thx

Perhaps these women made "sculls?"

or this was a "scull" factory as it appeared in 1945?

or here, the manager of the "scull" factory accounting for slave labor, war profits, et cetera.

and this here is the idea that created the need for "sculls" in the first place.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss officers uniform 

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast