Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS open collar tunic?

Article about: Hello to all, this is my first post here, hopefully I can add something to the discussions. This weekend I acquired this tunic and am anxious to get some input on it. It definitely appears t

?

when I went to sell it , turned out an NVA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS open collar tunic?
    P
    Many

Quote by Trainboy153 View Post
    Thank you very much for the advice. I am a relatively new collector. Having only started about 2 years ago. I am on a tight budget so I often do not have many choices when I buy. I would very much like to have positive relations with those more informed than I. I will post some closer photos soon as I would really like the expert opinions of this forum. Thanks
    Good luck.

Tight budget and collecting grey SS uniforms are mutually exclusive terms.

Quote by colt45 View Post
    when I went to sell it , turned out an NVA

You should have sought our advice prior to your purchase, but it is easy enough for me to write this.

SS open collar tunic?
    Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Tight budget and collecting grey SS uniforms are mutually exclusive terms.
    Well said. The authentic grey uniforms of this type are far more rare than the black ones, and the black ones are extremely rare and conflicted.
    The Beaver books include several nice images among the few extant objects of this type. I guess I have actually owned three of them in my time, one of which I found in the Noellendorffplatz Troedelmarkt (West Berlin) in stripped condition in 1975 and for about ten bucks. Hicks has a nice one for sale, for USD 9000 and it is restored, ergo
    you tell me what it is worth.

On the other hand, you and I can exchange insights from decades of collecting, but I increasingly think that facts play little role for many collectors, for whom
    facts are too complicated and too troubling to get in the way of their desire for ownership.

The rarer something is, the more interest is creates in people. Which is why this SS sub-forum is the second most visited section of this site, I think.

SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?
    Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    The rarer something is, the more interest is creates in people. Which is why this SS sub-forum is the second most visited section of this site, I think.
    What you don't say. Whether popular, rare or historically important, here we are and here we struggle towards a conflicted and vexed truth.

And, if you are befallen by the urge to collect authentic foetid woolens, then you have a rocky road ahead of you.

CBH
    ?

Trainboy , you should consider the fact that Friedrich B is the expert you seek , and Please & Thank you go along way on this Forum . Also even though your an SS uniform collector on a tight budget you might considering becoming a payed member of this fine forum . Just some thoughts , good luck in your collecting .

?

Here is an interesting Picture around 1937. Only the officer in the middle is dressed in a tailor made Grey tunic while the other Unterführer are wearing the common tunics available at this time Frame (earth Grey or field Grey).

SS open collar tunic?

?

This tunic was bought by a collector friend of mine but there are some damaged areas but i think this jacket might be an authentic example. It was sold last year via a german auction. Sadly i was never able to examine it in Hand.SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast