Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS open collar tunic?

Article about: Hello to all, this is my first post here, hopefully I can add something to the discussions. This weekend I acquired this tunic and am anxious to get some input on it. It definitely appears t

Default SS open collar tunic?

Hello to all, this is my first post here, hopefully I can add something to the discussions.

This weekend I acquired this tunic and am anxious to get some input on it. It definitely appears to be a wartime field grey tunic but I am unsure as to whether it is actually a SS piece or some other organization humped up.

I believe the sleeve eagle to be original and the affixing stitching looks to be similar to other tunics I've seen. Both blank tabs are a course wool or wool blend and machine sewn to the collar. The buttons are of a few different manufacturers with only two being made by the same firm. It is fully lined with the main lining being brown in color. Both ornamental pleats on the breast pockets seen a little too thin. No evidence is present of any other insignia ever being present other than the decoration loops on the breast pocket.

The size is rather small and it has been altered by shortening the sleeves and the skirt by about 2 or 3 cm.

SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS open collar tunic?
    P
    Many

?

For starters, the sleeve eagle is bogus..... Also - I thought "Mods" were the only ones who could delete posts on this forum?

Maybe Friedrich has brought a scooter and a Jam album.

The insignia on this piece appear reproduction to me.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Maybe Friedrich has brought a scooter and a Jam album.
    You'll have to translate that one, friend.

In British cultural history, a 'Mod' is a member of a 1960's subculture involving music and fashion, and associated with the riding of scooters.

Thanks for the info. Any thoughts on the possible origin of the tunic itself?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    In British cultural history, a 'Mod' is a member of a 1960's subculture involving music and fashion, and associated with the riding of scooters.
    Thank you. I am old enough to know some of these things, but never have followed it very much.
    I watch Patrick McGoohan on You Tube, but many of the other things are alien to me.
    I appreciate the kind aid.
    I first went to the UK in 1969, but my orientation was more to society with bowler hats and nicely rolled umbrellas.
    So glad I am that we are a polyglot group.
    I do not like this grey tunic. I only have owned one in almost fifty years of collecting.
    These are reproduced.

SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?This sort of thing is very hard to find. Your images really do not show the textiles and details of manufacture in highest detail, ergo it is pretty tough to
    come to a conclusion. Even a stripped tunic is a find. I found a trikot one in a flea market in Berlin in 1975, in bad shape, where one could plainly see
    the remnants of the insignia. It was also equal in tailoring to a black uniform.
    Here is what might be a real one. It is not mine.

SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?SS open collar tunic?I generalize from my black tunics, which are more common, in fact. The Beaver books have clear images of such items.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast