Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss overcoat??

Article about: just trying to find out if this overcoat is third reich era. my dad picked it up at a market in germany in the late 70s the dealer told him it was an old gestapo or ss coat?? he ended up pay

Default ss overcoat??

just trying to find out if this overcoat is third reich era. my dad picked it up at a market in germany in the late 70s the dealer told him it was an old gestapo or ss coat?? he ended up paying two deutschmarks for it. it had alot of wear and he said it was a light green color which seems odd to me, mold?. as you can see its black now cause he covered it in boot polish lol it looks good but i would never of done that myself. cheers ladsss overcoat??ss overcoat??ss overcoat??ss overcoat??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss overcoat??
    P
    Many

Default Re: ss overcoat??

These coats were worn in the post war era as well. It is not in a military cut.

ss overcoat??ss overcoat??This is an SS Overcoat.

thanks mate

Thank god it's not what you though it was. Putting Boot polish on it would've destroyed it!

- - Updated - -

Thank god it's not what you though it was. Putting Boot polish on it would've destroyed it!

ss overcoat??ss overcoat??ss overcoat??ss overcoat??ss overcoat??ss overcoat??SS Overcoat. Note arm band, too....

?

Green leather is usually a good indicator that the leather jacket was made postwar, the liner is probably also plastic or polyester or something else that wasn't in use at the time. Anything that feels synthetic is most likely post war. In any event a leather coat worn by an SS/SD man would have probably been private purchase(please correct me if I'm wrong here), so it would be pretty hard to tell if it was actually worn by an SS/SD man as an overcoat. A nice wool overcoat like the beautiful ones that FB posted is 100% traceable to the SS. I am now curious if black leather coats were worn often by SS/SD men in the TR period, or if this is the stuff of Hollywood nonsense.

A member of these organizations in uniform versus in mufti would have worn an SS overcoat as I have enclosed. The latter were surely made from leather. Civilian clothing for those undercover and without an SS rank would be like much civilian clothing, and have included leather garments, which were and are very widespread in Germany and Austria.
    This green coat was widespread when I was a student in Bonn forty years ago, worn by counter culture types. This leather coat was popular in the prosperity of the 1950s. The piece here is missing its belt, by the way.
    Actually, if anyone has one in good shape and German size 52 or so, I will buy it.

I must say FB, I very much like those white gloves. I don't know what it is about them but they look terrific and I would certainly love to own a pair. I have never seen any for sale anywhere, they must be very rare.

?

Thank you FB, I'm sure you can find a nice one on German Ebay, I see a lot of nice leather jackets on there actually. I have a very nice thick Swedish policemans's coat from the 50's that is of amazing quality and super warm. Those are nice white gloves, are they for conservation purposes? I should probably have a pair myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast