Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Panzer Hat?

Article about: I have posted this in the Hat ID section,but thought here might be more appropriate ...no markings of any kind, was given the hat by an elderly German guy in the 70s,pipping is silver and ha

Default SS Panzer Hat?

I have posted this in the Hat ID section,but thought here might be more appropriate ...no markings of any kind, was given the hat by an elderly German guy in the 70s,pipping is silver and hat is BLACK SS Panzer Hat?SS Panzer Hat?SS Panzer Hat?SS Panzer Hat?SS Panzer Hat?SS Panzer Hat?SS Panzer Hat?SS Panzer Hat?SS Panzer Hat?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer Hat?
    P
    Many

?

Quality is very poor piping is poorly attached I highly doubt that this item is authentic

?

Piping and other things were hand stitched at times. This is not unlikely. Black and silver/white piping is pre war or 1940. I have a panzer beret with hand stitched insignia.

?

I have never seen one done like this on an overseas cap I am not saying that they did not hand stitch piping but this cap just seems off to me

If it is original would it be ss panzer?..The guy i got this from was a German veteran and gave me the hat,so either he was duped years ago or it was his...we had talked for a couple of weeks and as i was leaving he gave it to me,never telling me anything about it...he would have died in around 1980 or so

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    If it is original would it be ss panzer?..
    No. SS sidecaps never featured black/silver piping.

If it is period, my guess would be that this was a sidecap for some category of female auxiliaries.

Thanks HPL2008 its getting more intriguing, as i said ive never seen it before..in my opinion i think its period,got a great old smell and nice thick texture..its just working out what it is...i cant seem to find anywhere that there has been an emblem sewn onto it

?

It's a post war West German cap of some sort.

What makes you think West German, Ben?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It's a post war West German cap of some sort.
    The leather is very telling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast