Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Panzer sew on shoulder boards

Article about: Hey guys, i just picked these up. I believe they are SS Panzer shoulder boards, the piping is definitely pink. I am just not sure if they are regular Panzer or SS. Let me know what everyone

?

Default SS Panzer sew on shoulder boards

Hey guys, i just picked these up. I believe they are SS Panzer shoulder boards, the piping is definitely pink. I am just not sure if they are regular Panzer or SS. Let me know what everyone else thinks. Thanks guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer  sew on shoulder boards   SS Panzer  sew on shoulder boards  

SS Panzer  sew on shoulder boards   SS Panzer  sew on shoulder boards  

SS Panzer  sew on shoulder boards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer  sew on shoulder boards
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Panzer sew on shoulder boards

Sorry I really don't like the construction of these. Shoulder straps are a real minefield.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade, these boards have a great old age smell, and they feel right. I have felt a lot of repros and these feel nothing like them to me..... not saying either one of us is wrong or right, just an observation about these.

I am going to have to side with Ade on this one Newbie. The size of the button holes look too small for even a button to go through. Also the pipping causes me concern as far as the construction. I could name some other more up in the air concerns but I will have to do some reaserch to say for sure on them.

Jeff

?

I know what you mean by the old age feel and smell, but these could be very old repros from the 60's or 70's. Possibly even post war German fire mans shoulder boards. IMO. Ade is almost always correct so I
    I'd take his advise.
    ~Dean

?

My Father-in-law, a collector of 43 years says that they are original Fire Police shoulder boards for the Great coat. They are Blue, not black .... looked black to me. I trust his opinions highly, he has an amazing collection!

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    I know what you mean by the old age feel and smell, but these could be very old repros from the 60's or 70's. Possibly even post war German fire mans shoulder boards. IMO. Ade is almost always correct so I
    I'd take his advise.
    ~Dean
    My first thoughts as well, after scrolling down to the 2nd photo.............
    Regards,

Steve.