Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS panzer sturmfuhrer rank tab.....

Article about: Hello everyone, I wanted to show this sturmfuhrer collar tab, obvious question, does it look authentic? Also, is it panzer, or artillery related? Pink or red? Ty.

Default SS panzer sturmfuhrer rank tab.....

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to show this sturmfuhrer collar tab, obvious question, does it look authentic? Also, is it panzer, or artillery related? Pink or red? Ty.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS panzer sturmfuhrer rank tab.....   SS panzer sturmfuhrer rank tab.....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS panzer sturmfuhrer rank tab.....
    P
    Many

Hi. With the artificial light with which you have taken the photos, I would say that the color is red. I cannot comment on authenticity because it is not my field of knowledge. In any case it is beautiful.
    Regards.
    Santi

?

Take new pics outside in daylight Sir. As background use something with soft color, but do not use white background.

Default Outside light.....

Today is a little nicer out, hopefully these are some better pics, with some natural light.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS panzer sturmfuhrer rank tab.....   SS panzer sturmfuhrer rank tab.....  

Anybody?

CBH
    ?

The piping colour is difficult to discern in photos, I've found many Panzer Pink items photograph Red.
    These are rare collars so I won't comment on originality.
    And Bump.

I'd say the piping is red.

Here's a good thread on WAF regarding Piped SS tabs. This thread has a lot of examples for comparison. : Pink-piped EM Tabs for Review - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I don't know if its possible to tell if your tab is wartime piped but I do like it. Colored waffenfarbe didn't last long on tabs, only 6 months (May of 40 till Nov. of 40). Against regulation, some soldiers piped their tabs throughout the war in the field. So was your tab piped in the field or was it piped by a faker a year ago? If the price is cheap I would be comfortable with this tab in my collection, but I definitely wouldn't pay a premium for it.

I hope this helps,
    John

Here is my Panzer piped SS tab for comparison. You can see the differences on how the piping was attached between my example and yours.

Thank you everybody. I did buy this tab, moderately priced, right in the middle. The story is interesting story, all though I didn't wanna buy the story. The lady I got it from, inherited it, from her uncle who served, she is yet 61 herself. Thanks again.

Quote by John4022 View Post
    Here is my Panzer piped SS tab for comparison. You can see the differences on how the piping was attached between my example and yours.
    IMO, same piping, but applied differently.
    Also IMO the one originally posted is red for Artillery.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast