Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Panzer Tunic Oberstumannfurer Need Help Identifying Real or Fake?

Article about: Does not conform to Bw regulations of any kind. Very depressing silly uniform along with "sculls" threads, to be sure. To balance the misery aroused by this thread, some authentic

Default SS Panzer Tunic Oberstumannfurer

I'm posting pics of this SS Panzer Tunic. I need help identifying old vet says he brought it home. He told me he has replaced two of the medals, the German cross and one other but he swears this thing is real brought home and put in the closet where it has remained untouched. This jacket is pretty heavy and does have wear and small holes on the left arm. Buttons are marked Overhoff & C? I think Cie? Stamped A inside, with Eagle stamp "SS" thunder-flash. ? I'm no expert, both my grandpas were WW2 Vets one in Germany, the other the South Pacific. I have inherited some of their spoils, and have since caught some kind of collecting fever. Anyways any info would be appreciated.
    Last edited by silverjawa; 09-29-2011 at 06:23 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer Tunic Oberstumannfurer Need Help Identifying Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Panzer Tunic Oberstumannfurer Need Help Identifying Real or Fake?

Sorry, but this uniform is not an authentic SS tunic and not even from WW2.

It's a Bundeswehr [= Federal German Army] tunic with fake insignia applied.

(The "A" stamp stands for "Aussonderung" or "Ausgesondert" and is a marking for BW items sorted out of army stocks and commercially sold as surplus.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-29-2011 at 06:29 AM.

?

Default Re: SS Panzer Tunic Oberstumannfurer Need Help Identifying Real or Fake?

Can you re-post the pics please for reference?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I think that might have been a scammer fishing?

Jeff

Yes it would be nice to see photos of the tunic
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Since I seriously doubt that "Silverjawa" will re-post his pictures.... Please look here for images of the tunic in question:
    Axis History Forum • View topic - The *mother* of all SS tunics 4 sale

Tiny photos. Probably on purpose?

dodgy, dodgy, dodgy.

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Tiny photos. Probably on purpose?
    Wouldn't be surprised at all.

The pictures originally posted in this here thread were a lot bigger. On them, the tunic also sported several additional badges and decorations. (An NSDAP Parteiabzeichen, EK2 Spange, Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz, Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Nahkampfspange in Gold and a Deutsches Kreuz in Gold, if memory serves.)

There was also a photograph clearly showing the interior "A" stamp.

Well it seems that seller is trying to get rid of it desperately so he sends very small pictures to hide the red flags.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast