The only thing that is worrying me is the lack of use and how mint it is.
Now I don't like it. Show us please detailed view of the strype, which is supporting the belt hooks.
The right side pocket are strange for the late war production, despite the liner is fit requirements
- - Updated - -
There some other details which would fit the Heeres standard, but not a SS
my Skype: warrelics
I think it could be OK, I did not seen such a fakes, I've never seen the Betr Ra examples, but yours is different from 627, 117 and 525 depots by lining details.
my Skype: warrelics
Understand that I am laughably far from an expert on these. So I will speak to "impression" or "vibe" of the wrap. There is nothing about the images that would make me call it a fake. I like the feeling it gives. Lack of wear is not a red flag, surviving examples are typically walking out dress or depot queens. This wrap does seem to have a little wear on it, is that correct? Can you get a sense of different fabric batches used in the lining?
The right side internal pocket is unusual for an SS wrap. If you are trying to authenticate this wrap, I would recommend sending it to someone like Mike Davis at Virtual Grenadier for a hands on inspection.
The whole process of trying to make any definitive assessment of such items via these pictures is quite flawed in my opinion.
You do well to send the item to an expert whom you trust and go from there.
My skepticism in these matters, especially of the cheaply made field uniforms, (themselves often made by unskilled labor of wartime) have spawned a cottage industry of very able fakes that renders this kind of inquiry a fun house hall of mirrors.
A serious collector will find the way to a real collection and examine real items in detail over time.
Some of us have an unfair advantage here, but the requirement cannot be gainsaid.
An item of this cost cannot be approached with an amateur's nonchalance.
To close to call for me on this one, some parts look text book, other parts just look... well... different but not like any obvious fakes i've seen before, but equally not like any genuine ones either. As demonstrated by Dimas's indecision.
Totally agree with earlier post that many of these that survived (and there aren't that many) would have been second tunics from the baggage train or left at home items so lack of wear is of no concern.
I believe you can get 95% of the way there with pictures most people need to get the other 5% just before parting with a significant lump of cash.......... but it is in my opinion the holy grail of waffen SS collecting.
I'd like to hear Richard P's views...... does he turn up around here much??
Just checked the lining again an it does feel different, the pocket material seems to feel a little bit "softer" than the lining material sewn directly into the tunic.... The wrapper shows very little to almost no wear!