Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

SS Panzer Wrapper

Article about: Here are more Pictures: These are all at the moment... will trying to add more pictures soon...

Default Re: SS Panzer Wrapper

I am with FB to say that you really have to pack this up and send it for an in-hand inspection and evaluation by an expert. With a piece of this magnitude, especially, it pays to do so.
    I think it was mentioned by Tricot earlier that Mike Davis at Virtual Grenadier would be one who could handle something like this. There are experts here who probably would be more than happy to examine this wrap as well.
    I am in no way proficient enough in uniforms to make a call even in hand, but I think even those that are experienced enough to even consider making the call from photographs would no doubt be more comfortable seeing it in-hand themselves. This comment I do think I can make.
    Personally, I think it would be marvelous to see this sent out and to see a follow-up in these pages as to the result.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer Wrapper
    P
    Many

Quote by Tietze View Post
    To close to call for me on this one, some parts look text book, other parts just look... well... different but not like any obvious fakes i've seen before, but equally not like any genuine ones either. As demonstrated by Dimas's indecision.

Totally agree with earlier post that many of these that survived (and there aren't that many) would have been second tunics from the baggage train or left at home items so lack of wear is of no concern.

I believe you can get 95% of the way there with pictures most people need to get the other 5% just before parting with a significant lump of cash.......... but it is in my opinion the holy grail of waffen SS collecting.

I'd like to hear Richard P's views...... does he turn up around here much??

Good luck
    Tietze

Richard P does post here and he was ethnically cleansed from the nut house site. Let us hope he adds his voice to this debate.

FB,

Ethnically cleansed...I love it! That is about as close to the truth as you can get. It only took them 5 to 6 years, but the payoff is sweet. They now rule the "Panzer Roost", or rather B. N. Singer does. Along with his moderator minions, they have near complete control over the small kingdom they have carved out for themselves. They made so much fun of me there, bringing in people who had no interest in the forum before, like Ramsey Speer, who dove in with gums flapping, typing out insult after insult, when they were unable to best me with actual facts. Just call him enough names, belittle him, call all his stuff fake, because Singer doesn't have the balls to venture beyond 200 textbook wraps. He does have the pink sweater wrapped boobs though, and definitely throws them around.!

Oh yeah, SS black wrap with black lining...B. N. would say an automatic "FAKE". I say, lets take a look. I do invite that little troll over here without his protective minions, where he could be Ethnically Cleansed himself. Without protection, he might last a few days here with his temper and big mouth. I would also love to see Ramsey (OSS) here too. Bring them all...how would they function without their moderator status? Back to the wrap. It is a later produced Ravensbruck wrap, if that is in fact what it is. I have had 3 early Bet. Ra. stugs, and they differ quite a bit. The boards are not made like the earlier Bet. Ra. E.M. boards. The early E.M. types have some distinct stitching on them, things you won't see in the new Singer and Davis approved panzer reference book. All my stuff was eliminated, thanks to these fine fellows. Too bad Scott did not know enough on his own to accomplish the book without their misguided assistance. If you want it to be judged "fake" pack it up and send it to Singer.

Oh yeah, third time, back to the wrap. Maybe this time I won't get distracted by the ghosts of the WAF FLE. The overall cut and appearance looks fine. The insignia placement looks fine, it can differ. The lining looks like it might be polished cotton? Rayon usually has a ribbed pattern to it. I do not see anything that alarms me right off the bat. I would like to see a photo taken from the inside underneath the shoulder board bridles? Front and back of collar where it attaches to the wrap body and lapel. Any scrap material use that doesn't show in the photos already posted?

Thanks,

Richard

?

This is a cheap thin cotton liner, which fits for period items, I have seen a lot of Police tunics, and even Heeres Pz wraps with this kind of material. Normally Betr Ra, has this kind of material used for reverse of the M43 SS tunics collars ( but in fieldgrey), where normally you can see the drillich cloth. I have discovered SS BW marked tunics with similar by structure, but more rough material.
    The cheap work is something different from a fakers hand without skill, you can allways discower quick made work, but skilled, when the fakers stitsching tried to reproduce original technology, but with sucess as if 5 years old child will try to reproduce Rembrandt.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Not being up on wraps and SS examples in particular and bearing in mind what FB posted about most being fakes, I assume that some would consider the size markings with signs of over inking and unevenly applied pressure a cause for concern. Well out of my depth here!

Hi Richard and welcome, how long are you suspended for on the maroon site, if I may ask?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I will add that the discussed tunic is fits by all the period technologies, and I like the Reece machine made holes on the suspenders
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Richard P View Post
    FB,

Ethnically cleansed...I love it! That is about as close to the truth as you can get. It only took them 5 to 6 years, but the payoff is sweet. They now rule the "Panzer Roost", or rather B. N. Singer does. Along with his moderator minions, they have near complete control over the small kingdom they have carved out for themselves. They made so much fun of me there, bringing in people who had no interest in the forum before, like Ramsey Speer, who dove in with gums flapping, typing out insult after insult, when they were unable to best me with actual facts. Just call him enough names, belittle him, call all his stuff fake, because Singer doesn't have the balls to venture beyond 200 textbook wraps. He does have the pink sweater wrapped boobs though, and definitely throws them around.!

Oh yeah, SS black wrap with black lining...B. N. would say an automatic "FAKE". I say, lets take a look. I do invite that little troll over here without his protective minions, where he could be Ethnically Cleansed himself. Without protection, he might last a few days here with his temper and big mouth. I would also love to see Ramsey (OSS) here too. Bring them all...how would they function without their moderator status? Back to the wrap. It is a later produced Ravensbruck wrap, if that is in fact what it is. I have had 3 early Bet. Ra. stugs, and they differ quite a bit. The boards are not made like the earlier Bet. Ra. E.M. boards. The early E.M. types have some distinct stitching on them, things you won't see in the new Singer and Davis approved panzer reference book. All my stuff was eliminated, thanks to these fine fellows. Too bad Scott did not know enough on his own to accomplish the book without their misguided assistance. If you want it to be judged "fake" pack it up and send it to Singer.

Oh yeah, third time, back to the wrap. Maybe this time I won't get distracted by the ghosts of the WAF FLE. The overall cut and appearance looks fine. The insignia placement looks fine, it can differ. The lining looks like it might be polished cotton? Rayon usually has a ribbed pattern to it. I do not see anything that alarms me right off the bat. I would like to see a photo taken from the inside underneath the shoulder board bridles? Front and back of collar where it attaches to the wrap body and lapel. Any scrap material use that doesn't show in the photos already posted?

Thanks,

Richard
    Thank you. At least now someone else complains about the trash heap site besides myself. I stand corrected, then, as concerns this garment. I was too hasty in my condemnation, but such material is outside my purview.
    Thanks and I hope you will share from your fine collection and subtle knowledge of these things.

Quote by Bond View Post
    Not being up on wraps and SS examples in particular and bearing in mind what FB posted about most being fakes, I assume that some would consider the size markings with signs of over inking and unevenly applied pressure a cause for concern. Well out of my depth here!

Hi Richard and welcome, how long are you suspended for on the maroon site, if I may ask?
    Seems as If good old Richard P was expelled! Oh my
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer Wrapper  

Sayle F owns many SS Feldjacken, himself, in his stunning and significant collection and he might share with us here, too, no?
    We welcome Mr. Richard P. and Sayle F to our little circus and look forward to the nice things they will unveil to us.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Sayle F View Post
    Seems as If good old Richard P was expelled! Oh my
    A mark of honor, to be sure.

?

A in many ways a most interesting thread

Regards, Lars

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast