Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS Panzer Wrapper

Article about: Here are more Pictures: These are all at the moment... will trying to add more pictures soon...

?

Default Re: SS Panzer Wrapper

I am enjoying this thread, I dont have an input about the jacket, though I do hope it is original, It might be best to send it to someone to inspect in hand. Which is a must now that very well made fakes are being made.

Sayle ~ Wonderful jacket, and that is an amazing cap, is it alright for you to post some more photos of it?

I dont post alot on the WAF site, I did buy something from there, and posted a couple of posts. But I get the feeling its just a waste of time posting and looking.

Patrick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer Wrapper
    P
    Many

Sure The cap is a little worse for wear as the moths have gotten to it, but it was a great find. It has A flatwire sleeve eagle as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer Wrapper   SS Panzer Wrapper  

SS Panzer Wrapper   SS Panzer Wrapper  

SS Panzer Wrapper  

thank you everyone for sharing.

man, the quality and craftsmanship is just flat out amazing

?

I think the tunic shown by Sayle is a 627 marked. That is a very normal to use the colored pipings on the PZ and Stug wrappers, it'S not a factory issue, but a kind of tankist's fashion, as also other seen examples of NCO ranks used with flatwire/bullion insignia
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think the tunic shown by Sayle is a 627 marked. That is a very normal to use the colored pipings on the PZ and Stug wrappers, it'S not a factory issue, but a kind of tankist's fashion, as also other seen examples of NCO ranks used with flatwire/bullion insignia
    It may be a 627 produced jacket but I can see no trace of that marking. The size markings are visible in the right light but very faded.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer Wrapper  

Very good of our chum Sayle F to open his treasure chest and experience and offer it here to our eager readers.

Sayle F has many more nice things, not the least of which is a fine collection of SS cap insignia that he can share with us, too.

?

I thought this thread interesting with the first Panzer wrapper and the info thus gleaned, now comes along this second Panzer Wrapper and visor cap........

Thanks for posting, OP and Sayle.

Quote by collector19 View Post
    I hope, i have taken the correct pics... since my english is not perfect...
    Attachment 353349Attachment 353348Attachment 353347Attachment 353346Attachment 353344Attachment 353345
    You took the photos exactly like I asked. Nice, clear, and right on target. Original E.M. shoulder board bridles. Might be rayon lined as there seems to be a slight lined pattern to the black lining material. Polished cotton is real shiny and reflects the flash quite a bit. The hook and eye have the SS placement, right where the collar and lapel meet. Not a steadfast rule, but generally true. The last couple of inches where the hook and eye are are not machine stitched closed....but left open so the hook and eye can be installed, and then closed by hand. Thanks again for the extra photos.

Still no Singer and Speer here?

Richard

?

Quote by Sayle F View Post
    After looking at the additional pics I think this SS feldjake has a good chance of being original. Of course I like to examine these things in hand to get a real overall feel for them. Also digital pictures can be deceiving. It has all the little things I like to look for in a panzer jacket. I am not an expert by any means when it comes to these but I have been taught a few things by Richard P that I have found very usefull in determining authenticity of these jackets. I do like the yellow piped ones. Here is one I own that I had chased for many years. It also has a black cotton lining but this one has wear to it and the markings are quite faded.
    Your tunic is different from the thread starter, it is definately textbook sample, without the right pocket and seems the model of the waist belt hooks suspenders is a different model, I think on your tunic they are 4 holes, open type as used on m 42/43 SS tunics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzer Wrapper  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

So they finaly hounded you out then Richard? Oh well, their loss is our substantial gain! Your impressive knowledge and friendly generosity is well known to me personally, we are lucky to have you here.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast