Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Pennant Identification

Article about: Thanks for your time Ade. I have a few other items that I will upload to get your thoughts on. Additionally, when I receive some other things, I may upload them to see what you guys think. I

Default SS Pennant Identification

Hello Experts,

My father recently gave me this dual-sided pennant. One side is red with a swastika, while the other side is white and black with a cloth RZM tag of 89/44 SS, skull, and eagle symbol. He does not know whether it is real or not. He bought it from a man at an antique store who supposedly purchased it directly from a vet. I would greatly appreciate any help that you folks could provide. Could it be an aerial pennant for a SS panzer? No idea.

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Pennant Identification   SS Pennant Identification  

SS Pennant Identification   SS Pennant Identification  

SS Pennant Identification   SS Pennant Identification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Pennant Identification
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

Default Re: SS Pennant Identification

personaly i think it is a fantasy item,cheers ian
    cant wate for other coments , very curiouse

Ian is correct: a fantasy item.

Cheers, Ade.

?

There's something about the skull and the eagle that looks too crisp. As an example, the swastika on your flag looks slightly blurred, but the lines on the skull and eagle look extremely sharp. That's not to say that the swastika portion of the flag is fake, but you tend to see some blurring/smudging/etc. over time.

Look to be a fantasy item.

Ade,

Thank you for the quick comment; I really appreciate it. How can you tell that the item is fantasy? What about the stitching and RZM tag? Would someone go through such intricate work to make a fake? There is a lot of stitching at the pointy end of the flag that would appear to be too time-consuming and useless for a quick fake.

Thanks.

The design is a complete fabrication. It never existed historically. These were made 30 odd years ago in the USA. People will go to any lengths to make a £/$/Euro. The SS/RZM label is also completely wrong: it should be silver/grey lettering on a black background.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    There's something about the skull and the eagle that looks too crisp. As an example, the swastika on your flag looks slightly blurred, but the lines on the skull and eagle look extremely sharp. That's not to say that the swastika portion of the flag is fake, but you tend to see some blurring/smudging/etc. over time.
    Hello mabrgo,

Thank you for your thoughts. I am an amateur Third Reich collector and am not very familiar with the authenticity of items. Luckily, this was a gift; thus, if it is spurious, it will not hurt my feelings. I find the pennant to be quite interesting. The stitching all seems to be consistent from side to side. Could the RZM label help with authenticity at all?

Are any of you familiar with Mohawk Arms auctions? I have recently purchased some items from them and would love to hear your thoughts?

Thanks.

Thanks a lot. I do not know much about these items, but plan to start learning more. Have you ever heard of Mohawk Arms Auction House in NY? If so, what do you think about their items?

Thanks again.

I have heard of them, but never purchased from them.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast