Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS Pennant w/RZM Tag: Authentic? For a Staff Car?

Article about: I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on this piece I saw recently. The seller was not sure if this was authentic or not or what exactly it was. Apparently it was purchased at a g

Exclamation SS Pennant w/RZM Tag: Authentic? For a Staff Car?

I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on this piece I saw recently. The seller was not sure if this was authentic or not or what exactly it was. Apparently it was purchased at a garage sale. I cannot tell if this is authentic or not or what it is. Perhaps a pennant/flag for a staff car? If anyone has any information or thoughts on this piece I'd really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Pennant w/RZM Tag: Authentic? For a Staff Car?   SS Pennant w/RZM Tag: Authentic? For a Staff Car?  

SS Pennant w/RZM Tag: Authentic? For a Staff Car?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Pennant w/RZM Tag: Authentic? For a Staff Car?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Pennant w/RZM Tag: Authentic? For a Staff Car?

I think i use to see these listed in Shotgun News years ago , selling for 20.00 each.

I also think that it would have had a sewn in cloth RZM tag, because these would have been exposed to the elements, and that paper tag would never have lasted very long.

Sorry, but it looks like the repro's they sold years ago.

Thats just my input, i could be wrong, and it could be a legit item.

Brian

Fantasy item from the 1970's.

Cheers, Ade.

?

A company called "Delta International" used to sell these (plus LSSAH, Totenkopf, etc.) back in the 70's. I think they sold for $18 back then. Before I knew better, alot of my hard-to-come-by money (I was a teenager back then) went to Delta. Everything I ever got from them was fake.

Best Regards,
    Mike

Smile Re: SS Pennant w/RZM Tag: Authentic? For a Staff Car?

Good to know...thanks for the help! The seller seems pretty honest and just doesn't know so he'll appreciate it as well.

Best,
    Adam

Delta never intended to con any body in those days, but people are sure falling for it now.

I was talking to Tony Oliver on Sunday, had a bit of a giggle about the SS buckles. He only made them because of the US demand!

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Delta never intended to con any body in those days, but people are sure falling for it now.

I was talking to Tony Oliver on Sunday, had a bit of a giggle about the SS buckles. He only made them because of the US demand!
    I'm not so sure about Delta not trying to con anybody back then. Nothing in their catalogs was labelled as being reproduction. Of course, they also didn't have a lifetime, 100% guarantee
    of originality either!

My first SS buckle was a Tony Oliver fake. But I bought it thinking it was an original. Wish I still had it...

Best Regards,
    Mike

P.S. Somewhere I still have some old Delta catalogs. I'll have to find them & post some pictures.