Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS pin ?

Article about: Picked up a trunk yesterday from a vets family that had a bunch of items he brought back from the war one thing was this pin haven't seen one of these before. Not sure what it's for.any thou

?

Default SS pin ?

Picked up a trunk yesterday from a vets family that had a bunch of items he brought back from the war one thing was this pin haven't seen one of these before. Not sure what it's for.any thoughts would be appreciated.SS pin ?SS pin ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS pin ?
    P
    Many

Appears to be the Romanian Coat of Arms, the inscription reads "My beloved personal valet "Rex"...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Anything to do with the SS?

No, it appears to be a personal memento...I actually suspect that "Rex" may have been the man's dog...
    cheers, Glenn

It's a corps students' item. "SS" simply means "Sommersemester", in this case the summer semester of '33.

The one nicknamed "Rex" was neither a dog nor a valet (well, at least not literally ), but a junior student who was looked after by the more senior student from whom the dedication stems.

The colors red, yellow (or gold) and blue are that of the Burschenschaft in question. It could be identified by these colors and the monogram cypher in the center.

No connection whatsoever to "the" SS.

Thank you, Andreas...always amazed at the knowledge you bring to the Forum...!!
    I suspect I should have some more coffee before I start commenting this morning, lol....
    cheers, Glenn