Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is this SS pin bogus?

Article about: This pin has an RZM, and maker's mark : A. DONNER M9/86 It has a repair on the back - right side of skull as you look at it. What do you think? Thanks.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: Is this SS pin bogus?

Quote by Dick View Post
    Really? Silly logic?, how come they only made the fake front? Simple, they have never had any more than a picture of the front to go by. I am not aware of anyone with a real one ever showing the back, for the same reasons I point out. Foolhardiy, helping fakers who steal collectors money.
    If anyone had shown the back side, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    If the repros are IDENTICAL in size to a real one, then it stands to reason SOMEBODY had a real one, and copied it. If, however, the real one is a different size than the repro I guess they repro'd it using a foto. IN THAT CASE it makes sense not to show the back. So Mr Hritz - is your REAL pin more or less than 10.3 cm long?

2. # ADS

Dick
    ?

Real ones are a little longer than 8.49 cm./ little longer than 3.5 in". The fake ones are obviously too long, but there are more than one type fake out there.

Dick
    ?

Let me put it another way, if some one has a real tk ribbon bar they want to get rid of, I will pay in the thousands for it like I have for others. I am not soliciting, I am trying to point out some things when possible should be protected from counterfeiters & fakers, for every collectors bennifit and protection.

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    I think this is silly logic. OBVIOUSLY the person faking these pins has a real one to copy it from. If that is the case it does not matter whether you show the back or not ! I wish that Mr. Hritz would show the pin - like he said he would.
    I do agree!!
    Like I said so many times before, fakers do make a "mistake" on purpous !!
    ...in my opinion!
    It is easyer to make a similar one then to make a different one.

Dick
    ?

Counterfeters sure don't want to make identifiable mistakes on the money they print, and they sure don't want to make any on the TR stuff either.
    Replica makers, is a different story, they are not easily passed off as real, like the counterfeiters and fakers item can.
    Neither of these types buy the items anyway so are not worried what goes on the market, and they all know their own handi work.

This is an authentic Mess Dress tuxedo badge.

There is not any need to post the reverse. I, and Dick, are available to authenticate an original, should someone need help.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this SS pin bogus?  

Dick
    ?

Another way to put it, anyone can show us theirs, but we won't show you ours")

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    This is an authentic Mess Dress tuxedo badge.

There is not any need to post the reverse. I, and Dick, are available to authenticate an original, should someone need help.

Bob Hritz
    Thanks for posting it Bob. You are a gentleman and a scholar. I have to agree mine is defintely different from yours. Stuka - I guess you are right when you say they do not make the knock-offs identical to the original - by design. How else do you explain the pierced nose on mine, and the filled-in nose on Bob's?

While original and ultra rare, they are not the best peice of design work undertaken for the SS.

Cheers, Ade.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Dick indicated he had more than one. Maybe he will cut one of us a deal?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast