Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Is this SS pin bogus?

Article about: This pin has an RZM, and maker's mark : A. DONNER M9/86 It has a repair on the back - right side of skull as you look at it. What do you think? Thanks.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: Is this SS pin bogus?

I tried to end this yesterday. I will "shake hands" with him if he is willing to just forget it happened. 2 people who collect SchutzStaffeln should not argue, anyway.

2. # ADS

?

nice one

What i dont understand is, people say they have an original one of these, but they refuse to show us the back, Because they dont want to fakers to be able to fake them

People, the ones that do mass faking of SS items, have the funds, and the means to buy an original and fake as many as they want to, and they have the funds to buy all of the books, and learn what to, and what not to do.

By not showing the people in here what to watch out for, is just hurting the the true collectors in here.

Brian

ado
    ?

Here is one from my collection what do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this SS pin bogus? 

Certainly not the prettiest of SS items... Im quite shocked at how crude the skull is to be honest!
    I can understand you protecting your investement, most people watermark their photos... Its the same deal here

ado
    ?

since when the Death's Head was made to look pretty?
    i don't think this was made to be a fashion item!

my question is; is it real or fake?
    Last edited by ado; 05-13-2010 at 12:25 AM.

ado
    ?

Mr. Hirtz or Dick, any opinion on the SS pin i posted, fake or real
    and if you can explain little about this pin it's history, what it was for? and is it really rare as they say?

Thanks

Ado,

The tuxedo badge you posted is a modern fake. it does not conform in material or pattern to the original. Study the original I posted and you will see the differences.

Bob Hritz

Ado,,,did you purchase your piece at auction???...auctions are notoriously bad for selling fakes of kinds and in varying degrees of quality,,,

?

I think I'm gunna buy one of these repros....just to have one.....I always thought these were pure fantasy badges, in fact having read this thread, I recall seeing one with red eyes in a medal and coin shop in Sydney in 2006, and I remeber thinking that has to be a really ambitious repro maker who would put red eyes into one....he was asking 4000 for it....I asked if I could take a pic because I wanted to show it to a mate, thinking how ridiculous it looked..he said once I pay for it I can take all the pics I want...I said thankyou and continued browsing!!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5