Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is this SS pin bogus?

Article about: This pin has an RZM, and maker's mark : A. DONNER M9/86 It has a repair on the back - right side of skull as you look at it. What do you think? Thanks.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Is this SS pin bogus?

This pin has an RZM, and maker's mark : A. DONNER M9/86 It has a repair on the back - right side of skull as you look at it. What do you think? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this SS pin bogus?   Is this SS pin bogus?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this SS pin bogus?

Do a search here or on the WAF. I'm certain Mr. Bob Hritz owns an original specimen of this very rare broach for the black SS tuxedo.

Yours is a copy IMO.
    All the best,
    David

The above SS mass dress inignia is a post war piece. I will dig mine out and make a photo.

Bob Hritz

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    The above SS mass dress inignia is a post war piece. I will dig mine out and make a photo.

Bob Hritz
    Great ! I have never seen a real one. Thanks.

Dick
    ?

This pin is 100% fake. I have never shown what the real ones look like on the back for a very good reason. IT WILL KEEP THE FAKERS FROM MAKING BETTER FAKES. Please don't show publicaly what they look like, describe it via private email if you must, is my ernest recomendation.

Quote by Dick View Post
    This pin is 100% fake. I have never shown what the real ones look like on the back for a very good reason. IT WILL KEEP THE FAKERS FROM MAKING BETTER FAKES. Please don't show publicaly what they look like, describe it via private email if you must, is my ernest recomendation.
    ....the front must be all right then!!!

Sorry, couldn't ressist!

Dick
    ?

It is fairly close, but real ones don't have the nose with a hole going thru them, the material is different than shown here. The fakes are easy to detect from the front, just remember the real ones only have an outline of the nose, not a thru hole like the eyes have.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Dick View Post
    I think this is silly logic. OBVIOUSLY the person faking these pins has a real one to copy it from. If that is the case it does not matter whether you show the back or not ! I wish that Mr. Hritz would show the pin - like he said he would.

Dick
    ?

Really? Silly logic?, how come they only made the fake front? Simple, they have never had any more than a picture of the front to go by. I am not aware of anyone with a real one ever showing the back, for the same reasons I point out. Foolhardiy, helping fakers who steal collectors money.
    If anyone had shown the back side, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

?

I know Delta International used to sell fakes of this badge back in the 70's. Seems like their's had a fake paper RZM tag around the pin.
    I need to find those old catalogs some day...

Best Regards,
    Mike

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast