Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ss-pioniersturmbann

Article about: This grouping was the property of the former commander of pionier sturms 4 and earlier number 5 Willy Vetter. Includes his unique and probably home made title with blue edges and embroidered

?

Default Re: Ss-pioniersturmbann

This grouping was the property of the former commander of pionier sturms 4 and earlier number 5 Willy Vetter.
    Includes his unique and probably home made title with blue edges and embroidered "P". Also his 5th sturm tab in its original RZM bag.
    He was an early member and the insignia gives a rich example of the variety of early insignia worn by the SS.

Peter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss-pioniersturmbann   Ss-pioniersturmbann  

Ss-pioniersturmbann  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ss-pioniersturmbann  Ss-pioniersturmbann 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss-pioniersturmbann
    P
    Many

Dear Colleague, thanks for much for these wonderful images. Therein are contained more Allgemeine SS insignia of note and interest than one sees in two decades. Your skill at finding this wonderful material is extraordinary. It is a pity the uniforms did not survive, but pleasing that somehow the insignia made it....thanks again for joining us.

I think another point here is how much a certain man could move around in units. Also, it would be interesting to know from whatever personnel documents one can glean (or from the Dienstalterlisten) when he was in each unit here so pictured. One thing about the SS was its rapid growth and shifting table of organization. I think certain times people cut their nose to spite their face with assertions that uniforms are put together, when the reality is that people changed units frequently in the years 1933-1940, as this insignia so clearly attests. Some collectors rather oddly assume that the person then had a new uniform made or issued, with insignia applied as if by a saint---a very odd assumption. The reality of this thing shows itself in very small details. And look at the promotion dates of SS officers especially in the period of rapid expansion in the rank lists, as well. A contrast to the old Prussian army of yore or even to the 100,000 Mann Heer.

what a great Pinoeer hoard find, magnificent. I doubt there was ever a bigger group find.

That really is a superb grouping Peter. My contribution, not quite as colourful but hopefully still relevant to the thread, is this "SS Pi" stamping in a helmet issued to a member of the Pioniersturmbann.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss-pioniersturmbann  

Thanks to d'Alquen for his nice image, too.

?

Dear d' Very nice helmet, I assume an M18, with 2 decals, I don't think I have seen this one, perhaps you could post an image or two?
    Thankyou in advance,
    Peter.

Here you go Peter,
    I think you have seen this helmet.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss-pioniersturmbann  

Dear Peter, it is much better than an M 1918 helmet, it is an RZM helmet with two decals, which I think is the non plus ultra for such things. As Robert pointed out, these were supposed to go off to the slammer in Straubing and be made into scrap. Thanks to d'Alquen for this treasure.

?

Thankyou,
    Very nice................understatement! Perhaps you could pass it over to this side of the Atlantic when you want to part with it,
    Peter.
    Meantime, here is a quick one for you, "silk" topped hat formerly the property of Erich Heinrich, the administration officer of the pionier battalion Dresden.
    Peter.

SSBW homepage
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss-pioniersturmbann   Ss-pioniersturmbann  

Attached Images Attached Images Ss-pioniersturmbann 

Donnerwetter. What a wonderful cap, and from the SSVT to boot!

Congratulations. When you grow fed up with this cap, please write to me.

Thank you to colleague d'Alquen and Peter for these treasures.

You do not see the likes of this stuff on other sites, nicht wahr?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast