MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Rauten NSKK

Article about: I have a question regarding this SS-Rauten to the NSKK . I've seen NSKK diamonds that look similar but they seem to be thin single layer material , this example is folded over on the back wi

CBH
    ?

Default SS-Rauten NSKK

I have a question regarding this SS-Rauten to the NSKK . I've seen NSKK diamonds that look similar but they seem to be thin single layer material , this example is folded over on the back with a piece of wool inside as filler . So what is the difference between NSKK and SS diamonds ? Thank you for your time .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Rauten NSKK   SS-Rauten NSKK  

SS-Rauten NSKK  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Rauten NSKK
    P
    Many

Quote by CBH View Post
    I have a question regarding this SS-Rauten to the NSKK . I've seen NSKK diamonds that look similar but they seem to be thin single layer material , this example is folded over on the back with a piece of wool inside as filler . So what is the difference between NSKK and SS diamonds ? Thank you for your time .
    There is no difference. The same driver's badge was worn by the SS, NSKK and Motor SA. There is an early and later pattern worn by all.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

CBH
    ?

Thank you for you reply Bob , so they never made them in (Grundtuch) or heavy wool , like the other Rauten were ?
    Also was the earlier pattern you refer too , the type with the metal wheel on a cloth diamond ?
    Thanks again for the information .

I have only seen this flatwire version with blue-colored ( NSKK ) labels , never black ( SS ) ones .
    I think only the early ( metal wheel on wool ) may actually have been worn by the SS , but I would still like to see a period picture of one in wear ..

CBH
    ?

I have seen the flatware on a black tunic , that I believe was original to the tunic .
    It may have been posted here somewhere . But nothing beats a period photo .

Also Friedrich-Berthold has posted a photo of the Delich Collection , with the same example

Then again , what could this one be on the far right .. ?
    A plain 8-spoked wheel seems even less likely than the NSKK Raute , it appears to be silver-piped as well .
    Maybe it is the " Polizei " one .. ?
    So many different diamond-shaped SS sleeve insignia were designed / made at the time , but so very few seem to have been worn .. !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Rauten NSKK  

CBH
    ?

It sure looks like the Black /Aluminum piping , shown in Cloth Insignia of the SS . Fegelein's driver maybe ?
    Thanks for the great Photo ! And thanks everyone for the the replies .

An example on a tunic from the Ed Stadnicki collection with the diamond mounted on the right cuff which was regulation for the SS'
    schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

CBH
    ?

Thank you for the link Bob , that is the uniform I meant .
    Thank you all for the help .

CBH
    ?

After reading through the threads and links , I take the view that it an NSKK insignia used by the SS .
    Thanks again for the help