Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS runes tab

Article about: Hi Guys, I would be please to see if anyone else would consider the tab as a fake. Cheers

?

Default Re: SS runes tab

Try and get different and better pics otherwise leave it alone.

When I put up SS insignia for review, both members from here and WAF must agree its original for me to buy.

You don't want questionable items in your collection. It can bite you when you turn around and try to sell it.

Just my two cents.

Regards
    Samir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS runes tab
    P
    Many

Totally agree SS. But on the other hand for future reference, I feel we owe it to our community to get to the bottom of this. A community which has helped us so much.

I think the only problem here is the pictures as said above. This is been badly photographed so that the runes looks somewhat wider en distorted. Try to ask for straight front pictures and in daylight.
    If a "learned" member says immediately that something like this is fake without seeing that there's also PERSPECTIVE issues to count into..well for me this person is not a "learned" memeber.

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Try and get different and better pics otherwise leave it alone.

When I put up SS insignia for review, both members from here and WAF must agree its original for me to buy.

You don't want questionable items in your collection. It can bite you when you turn around and try to sell it.

Just my two cents.

Regards
    Samir
    It's fine to say leave it alone but for an outsider into SS collecting such as myself there is still no answers to any questions I might have about these tabs.

Why not open up the discussion to similar tabs, what makes them right, what makes them wrong?

There are some experienced collectors here with a plethora of different tabs amongst them so instead of limiting the discussion to one set poorly photographed, why not educate some of us and explain why different people see different things in a set of tabs?

This is a discussion forum, not just an 'is it real yes or no' forum. Please lets get some discussion and exchange of views going here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Here is my only raised runes tab , not sure if this will help the discussion as it has the rzm label on it .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS runes tab   SS runes tab  

SS runes tab  

I will come back with some more picture's and details, give me some time.

Here is what I mean. Look at the arrows and borders I've made. The one posted by HD1450 is the accepted original. The guy from the other site is corrrect that there are differneces of the known example and the original posted example. However, as to the original posted tab being to "fat" I feel this is due to the condition. I will post my example at the bottom, and you can see how wear "pushes'the thread down. As to Adrian question, its just like you say with the metals and badges. One would be consider original if it matches known examples. Now for my Italian examples, they have the same backing, made around the same time(dachau type), yet have quite a few differences. I still feel the original tab posted has a fighting chance, but if you choose to purchase it, you may always be questioning it. PS, also look at the arches of the runes, they are different as well. The right, top side is the most noticeable.

Add: Notice how my tab, SSmiar, and HD runes all match up the same(the original posted tab doesn't). Hope this helps, sorry for the basic explanation(no sleep).

SS runes tabSS runes tabSS runes tabSS runes tabSS runes tab

Due to lack of sleep, I am not able to convey they message I want to share. So after so much needed sleep, I will return and explain to you what I truly mean.

Hi guys
    the pictures of the tab which started the thread were from the seller
    the tab has arrived
    so here are some more pictures
    i will try to use day light tommorow for better pictures
    hope it helps
    thanks to all of you for your effort !

SS runes tabSS runes tabSS runes tabSS runes tabSS runes tab

I do notice that the gap between the runes is not of an even width on this example which seems a bit odd to me,but then again i am no expert on these tabs by any means!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast