Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS runes tab

Article about: Hi Guys, I would be please to see if anyone else would consider the tab as a fake. Cheers

Default Re: SS runes tab

Personally, I still dont like it, in fact the construction looks worse,
    Maybe post the new pics on the waf, maybe the member can have a better look ?

Here is one of mine from last year

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS runes tab
    P
    Many

?

nice tab Totenhead

Quote by HD1450 View Post
    nice tab Totenhead
    Cheers HD

Also picked this cut off with it also, but was made an offer for it I couldn't refuse so had to let it go, damn i wish i still had it ! Thats me with my lil dog a few years ago ! sorry gone off topic ! apologies !

?

nice cut off too , always a bummer when you let stuff go then regret it , but hey ho !

?

I appreciate your continuing discussion guys, thank you!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I appreciate your continuing discussion guys, thank you!
    No problem Adrian , just make sure my royalty cheques keep coming

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It's fine to say leave it alone but for an outsider into SS collecting such as myself there is still no answers to any questions I might have about these tabs.

Why not open up the discussion to similar tabs, what makes them right, what makes them wrong?

There are some experienced collectors here with a plethora of different tabs amongst them so instead of limiting the discussion to one set poorly photographed, why not educate some of us and explain why different people see different things in a set of tabs?

This is a discussion forum, not just an 'is it real yes or no' forum. Please lets get some discussion and exchange of views going here.
    Hi Adrian,

I absolutely agree and don't feel bad as myself is an "outsider" to SS insignia.

Regards
    Samir

To come back to the tab. I tried to distort the starting tab into a "normal" position and compared It to my known original. The Originals I have are symmetric with both the same measurements of the runes and between them. The picture from the starting tab is bad but I still think It's the Dachau made example. There can be little features in the "countour" of the tab due to the stitchingprocess. But It also can come from It's condition and storage. But the overall shape og the runes are alike.
    Also the backing has the same stitching, but they also came with different backings, like you can see on the various Dachau tabs (TK etc).
    Finally to close this up, I want to say that when you can't properly photograph SS tabs you may see very various variety and disforming from the same tab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS runes tab   SS runes tab  

Would you buy it, thats the million $ question ?

I would ask some better pic's for sure. And yes I would.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast