Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS runes tab

Article about: Hi Guys, I would be please to see if anyone else would consider the tab as a fake. Cheers

Default Re: SS runes tab

Correct me if I am wrong but to me they are Type 2 raised , bordered fat runes

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS runes tab
    P
    Many

I know only two types of them (Dachau), this one on this thread and the other type has a somewhat "skinnier" runes.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but to me they are Type 2 raised , bordered fat runes

Nick
    Hard to tell, but I would have said that these were type 2 runes based on their appearance.

I also prefer to use the term "raised rune" as this is the more often used parlance and is easier to understand and would certainly cover both types.
    I don't think you would be able to easily differentiate between these, unless you had both in hand.

Hi guys,
    I was wandering.. on what kind of tunics these Dachau tabs were attached?
    M42 M43? or even M36 and M41?
    I mean was there a change in tabs pattern attached to a tunic with the change of the pattern of the tunic itself?
    Cheers

?

I totally forget to answer this thread, I will share the fake tab, to compare later
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

As promised:
    Both are known fakes, I keep them for reference, I 've bought them as original may be 15 years ago. Both are made on the original moleskin cloth, and I suspect approx a 20-30 years old copies
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS runes tab   SS runes tab  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

These would fool me Dimas.

So whats your opinion on the one posted then please Dimas, compared to your known fakes?? The rune construction and size of thread used looks very similar to me, but I cant study them no more, i just cant make my mind up ....

If the one Dimas posted is fake indeed, then the one which started this tread in my opinion would be fake as well. The material is what got me. Thanks for the new info.

?

Dimas, this is interesting. You say these were faked 20-30 years ago. How much were they going for 20-30 years ago? Rough figure of course.

Regards
    Samir

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast