Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS RZM Marked Feldflasche

Article about: This weekend I found this most unusual subject and have decided to post it here with the other Waffen-SS items rather than with field gear. This feldflasche 31 is pretty much regulation all

Default SS RZM Marked Feldflasche

This weekend I found this most unusual subject and have decided to post it here with the other Waffen-SS items rather than with field gear. This feldflasche 31 is pretty much regulation all the way, but is marked on the neck, cap, cup, and cover SS 39/35 RZM. It's pretty much a "textbook example", save for an unfortunate dent and missing snap hook and its leather fastener. There's also a fortunately almost unseen small moth hole in the cover under the strap. I'll post another entry showing the markings close-up, though those on the cover are so blurred as to be illegible; it's just possible to maKe out SS and RZM though.

SS RZM Marked FeldflascheSS RZM Marked FeldflascheSS RZM Marked FeldflascheSS RZM Marked FeldflascheSS RZM Marked Feldflasche

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS RZM Marked Feldflasche
    P
    Many

Default Feldflasche Markings

Instead of being marked PRYM as I've come to expect, the snaps are S.H.B. like on another Wehrmacht example I have. I'm struck by comparing these markings with those on battlefield dug examples posted here in this section. The neck stamping was double-struck, and the numbers 39/35 on the cap are under the leather tab.

SS RZM Marked FeldflascheSS RZM Marked FeldflascheSS RZM Marked FeldflascheSS RZM Marked FeldflascheSS RZM Marked Feldflasche

You might well consult the very full file on this issue that is appended above. I have a Feldflasche identical to yours.

- - ------- - -

See here....

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uniforms-insignia/ss-field-gear-etc-markings-9523/

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You might well consult the very full file on this issue that is appended above. I have a Feldflasche identical to yours.

- - ------- - -

See here....

SS field gear etc markings
    Thank you, F-B; I had looked at those previously when I first got this and was satisfied with the similarity between some of these and mine!

Quote by James N View Post
    Thank you, F-B; I had looked at those previously when I first got this and was satisfied with the similarity between some of these and mine!
    As you should be, indeed. A fine item and well done.