Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

SS RZM Tags

Article about: That's really a nice thread !!

Default Re: SS RZM Tags

On the theme of "Sonderanfertigung" Gottlieb has a nice piece for sale with a repaired sweat band....It is a A. Mueller from about 1937. This cap was illustrated in Manion's Market Report in early 1980s as being worth $1634 dollars. At that time it had no sweat band. This is an attractive piece all the same.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS RZM Tags   SS RZM Tags  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS RZM Tags
    P
    Many

Today the cap is worth 13,000 dollars and here is its RZM tag

Mueller often used lousy sweat bands, actually, so it is little wonder the thing vanished.

One can see the repair here, as well. I personally am not offended by this fact, but I am sure others will be besides themselves with the purist doctrines that obtain today.

This tag was the first species of black tag, I believe. It is also faked with some frequency.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS RZM Tags   SS RZM Tags  

Another RZM tag in an SS officer's cap for sale on the Empire Military Auction site.

I believe this piece is ex a leading Midwestern collector.

It has the tell tale Clemens Wagner lousy sweat diamond...but such a generalization is unimportant. The cap is authentic and rare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS RZM Tags  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS RZM Tags 

here is a species of Bevo tag which is quite rare. A Verwaltungsamt SS variant of the earlier Bevo tags introduced about 1934, but this type is from the era 1936 0r 1937

it evolved from this, I think, but who knows?

It is also true that as the paramilitary organizations in the SS grew which operated from non NSDAP funds, I believe the VA SS must have contracted outside of the RZM, even before the mid-war period. Hence the tag in the post prior to this one here. In any case, the preceding tag and this I attach here have VA contract numbers vs that of the post 1935 RZM system of licenses.

Here are some early marks of leather good makers in SS caps of note.

here is the regional marking of an SS Gruppe ca. 1932 or 1933 in a cap I would greatly like to own. Such marks preceded the well known gold runics which I think must have come into use at the end of 1934, but I do not know for certain. Someone will tell us when the SS abandoned the SS Gruppe designation, which was surely by 1934 if not earlier. That is, surely once the rupture with the SA occurred in the wake of 30 June 1934, if not earlier.

here is a photo of said era....

Here is such ein schwarzer Rock, too....if these tunics of the early species were marked, they had white tags that vanished with wear. Peter Jenkins has one with the tag in tact. In this piece, it is no longer present. Standarte 69 was in Hagen/Westfalen.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast