Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

SS RZM Tags

Article about: That's really a nice thread !!

Default SS RZM Tags

Here is the RZM tag for an SS overcoat.
    Here for the cap. In this case, an officer's cap.
    This the tag for the Dienstrock.
    Here is the old Breuer fake, itself a museum piece of a kind.
    I am not in the habit of saving every fake and then piling it up, then to proclaim to the populace of what a sage and oracle I can be. The fake label here has more curiosity value than anything else. It was also part of my own biography. I bought just such a fake in 1967, you see, so there is an element of nostalgia here. And, I guess this thing propelled me to find the real ones in the intervening years. Dr. Breuer's operation had a kind of poetry to it compared to the nameless, faceless and sleek operations of today on an inhuman scale churning out brilliant fakes and frauds.

A Lubstein tag in a cap of late craftsmanship.

Another C Wagner tag in an officer's cap. Compare this nice image with the somewhat flawed one in post N. 2. The caps are very similar.

A Wagner of later make....it is my theory (and only mine...) that these caps were made into about 1941. They were surely made through 1940. One can find many examples especially of Wille caps with a 1940 date on the sweat band. I suppose such a thing is unimportant, but since I am interested in the black uniform, my mind seizes on dumb little details. There are also a lot of collector-lore misperceptions about these things, which we are at pains to revise. Afterall, our aim here is common knowledge, is it not? Not collector dogma and superstition....

The interior of a Sonderanfertigung Mueller officer's cap likely of same date of manufacture as the Wille enlisted cap pictured in another thread. Whoops. It is another thread I guess. It is all a blur, you know. It must be global warming.

An RZM tag with a VA SS contract number and date of manufacture or date of contract. I do not believe these cloth tags exist for other branches of the NSDAP, as in the PL or SA or NSKK, for instance.

A Mueller Sonderanfertiging with later tag ca. 1938. This cap has its "Sonderanfertigung" tag still in place, an especially rare feature seldom, if ever, seen. Mueller made many of these caps.

Another cloth tag...this the RFSS tag found from about 1934 until 1938 often with the little contract # tag. Highly faked, but still pleasing in its original form.

another....on a Kampfbinde.

Somewhere is a list of all these SS contract numbers and their contractor's proper names. Some can be deciphered because of redundancy of normal RZM numbers that appear together with the SS numbers. The dual system reflected the peculiar status of the SS as a party and state organization, which increasingly had its own means of revenue and thus supply that was independent of both entities. Hence, the idea of a state within the state. The 1935 regulation banning trade marks apparently derived from Hitler thinking such things in bad taste, and also because those who did not win such contracts asserted that they were being discriminated against. Who knows?

another....the article # in a cap placed there by the retailer. I believe the numbers correspond to price list numbers and inventory numbers. The prices of these things were in flux, usually downward in the years before the war. Thereafter, they seem to have risen, as one might expect.

another something, the Verwaltungsamt SS issue stamp with date in a tunic.

When I was a young person, all of these tags and stamps were a source of total glee to me.

I suppose it is a mixed blessing to list this stuff, but it is all already faked, so one has no choice but to embrace challenge and response.

An earlier form of the contract number little tag. Or a variation, but I think it is an earlier piece.

a cloth tag on the shoulder cord...this image through the generous offices of Robert H.

Since the theme of the brown overseas cap came up elsewhere, the following is what more attracts me in an original piece. These tags are faked, but these here are quite real exemplars. I owned one of these in the early 1970s complete with a VA 1936 tag. It was a gem. I stupidly sold it for little money. I had the cap and the cotton tunic with all the RZMd/SSd buttons. All gone with the wind.

An overcoat tag, again....

The cloth tag on the shoulder cord. Here the variant for Stickerei, i.e. embroidered objects.

the cloth tag as on a Aermelstreifen. This appears to be on a piece from 1937 and is also a woven wire model of such a cuff band. Maybe if they had spent less time fussing and sewing on all these bits of cloth, they would have won the war? But fuss and sew they surely did...

Pleasing early tag in a wonderful early cap. Isken, Koeln. The main cap book asserts this firm made no caps in the III. Reich. Another example of the dictum only say "never" when you really know...

The tag in the Sta. 101 uniform from Saaz depicted in one of my earlier threads.

Tag in a Dienstrock of the 37 Sta. (Linz/Oberoesterreich...) that made its way across the great waters.

another....not the most brilliant image, you will warrant.

embroidery RZM VA SS labels in their number...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS RZM Tags   SS RZM Tags  

SS RZM Tags   SS RZM Tags  

SS RZM Tags  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags  SS RZM Tags 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS RZM Tags
    P
    Many

Default re: SS RZM Tags

Here for the over coat again. D2 is a species of Dienstkleidung. There were several categories.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS RZM Tags  

here with a M34 black side cap RZM tag

an other one below a white head size marking
    Attached Images Attached Images SS RZM Tags 
    Last edited by Pascal BERNHARD; 07-26-2008 at 07:19 PM.

SS pants tag and beside (right) one wich I do absolutely not like...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS RZM Tags   SS RZM Tags  

Quote by Pascal BERNHARD View Post
    here with a M34 black side cap RZM tag
    another one

Thank you for the addenda. I share your dislike of the Hose SS tag on the right in post N.9. I believe that this thing is a fake, made in the hundreds to improve the odd black breeches as well as old black pants found in Troedelmaerkte.

The later tags in the black side caps require particular care, since there is an excellent genus of fake side cap with stamp, &c.

However, thanks for this.

I also saw the earth grey side cap on the other site with the later tag. I must confess I prefer the earth grey cap (that is brown) to have the early SS Feldmuetze tag in white, but since I learn something new every day, we greet all the startling new things.

Greetings to Alsace.

Another of these 1937 era tags from a cap found by a UK figure and apparently re-sold in the Russian Federation for a staggering sum.

another.... in this case an August Mueller cap of the 1937 variety (remember, this is a theory, not a fact documented by an order from Heini Himmler or the Reichszeugmeister...) retailed by the RZM.

I suppose we who care about this stuff can be grateful to the anal retentive bureaucrats who dreamed up this odd system almost eighty years ago. They surely had something else in mind than giving us weeks of enjoyment as well as emptying our pockets of treasure in search of these things. Someone who understood this system or was a part of it, even in a small way, must still be alive in Bavaria or Munich, where the place was HQd?

After all, the US Army ocupied the bloody building with Army Air Force Exchange Service until the 1990s.

No one should infer a list or a dogma or a check list from what I have posted here. In no way does this data seek to promote such an idea. These are selected images of what I hope are authentic regalia. I sincerely think them to be thus. But, at the same time, I am certain that there are exceptions, variations, nuances and oddities that I have not seen or even dreamed of in forty three years of collecting. Happy regalia.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast