Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS or SA Garmaschen?

Article about: I have been offered these by a private dealer in Germany that has been very trustworthy through numerous transactions in the past. I do not collect SS or SA items and have no reference mater

Default SS or SA Garmaschen?

I have been offered these by a private dealer in Germany that has been very trustworthy through numerous transactions in the past. I do not collect SS or SA items and have no reference material other than the internet and this forum. I was just intrigued by these. My research has lead me to the reality that the use of these was fairly generic. The dealer says they are authentic SS and SA, but because of the language barrier, I have not been able to explain I wish to see photos of the interior. Still working on that request. Is there anything in these somewhat poor photos that would rule out or verify their origin? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Jay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS or SA Garmaschen?   SS or SA Garmaschen?  

SS or SA Garmaschen?   SS or SA Garmaschen?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS or SA Garmaschen?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS or SA Garmaschen?

Jay,
    These would strap around a soldiers calf in the cavalry, for when he was on a horse. I have no idea if these are even Nazi related.
    My grandfather who fought in ww1 in the cavalry wore ones similar to these.

Regards,
    Finn

Hi Finn, yes I knew that they were used extensively in WWI, but they were also used in TR Germany. There entails the rub. Even if they were used by the SA or SS, they may very well have been manufactured far earlier than the 1930's.

Oh ok sorry you understand what it is,.. in that case you probably will have to see the interior before you purchase them.

No problem Finn. Yes, a peek at the inside or markings would be nice. Hopefully some of the sharper eyes here can help by looking at the photos.

Take care,
    Jay