Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder straps

Article about: Hi guys, so I found an old dirty looking Schiffchen online and bought it despite the bad pictures, because the auction ended cheaply. I noticed the TK and eagle remnants but rolled my eyes a

?

Default SS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder straps

Hi guys,
    so I found an old dirty looking Schiffchen online and bought it despite the bad pictures, because the auction ended cheaply. I noticed the TK and eagle remnants but rolled my eyes at how the seller was *obviously* trying to up-sell this dirty old cap. I still didn't care, cheap but real is still cheap, and taking out loose fake threads wouldn't be too hard. So, I got it today, and wow, this thing stinks. Like cigarette smoke and dirt, and well... age. The cap was the only thing pictured or listed, so imagine my surprise when these two shoulder boards came tumbling out of the cap!!! I am no expert, and for that reason have shied far, far away from SS pieces until I can learn to tell good from bad, so I apologize if this is a totally obvious fake, but it seems incredibly real to me, and for the price and free shoulder boards, I can't see a very large profit motive on the sellers part.

TLDR: Got this on an online auction site for very cheap, did I score, or am I crazy?

SS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder strapsSS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder straps

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder straps
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Schiffchen with Panzer shoulder straps

Sorry I don't think any of it is original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

that schiffen looks like a rather nice cut up repro

The damage is original Ade

Sorry bad joke............but I have to agree, bad,......... shoulder boards are nicht close

?

Utter rubbish quite literaly.

orribles

?

Thanks for the responses guys. I thought that the overall shape and the lining were different from the originals that I found pictures of, but this is not an area that I know a lot about yet. In any event, I think I will make a display with it and the re-enactor zeltbahn jacket that I picked up, and it will look pretty neat on my wall. Out of curiosity does it resemble any known side/overseas caps? It doesn't look swedish, danish, or soviet to me. I'm really fairly certain that it's not a modern made cap, but an old tarted up wool overseas cap from a branch of service far less sexy and collected than the SS. The threads holding it together are very brittle, though maybe it was constructed out of an old Mantel? Thanks for your time and responses, I appreciate it.
    Best,
    Eddie