Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Screwback badge?

Article about: I traded a US Ames 1944 shovel for this screwback badge some days ago. I'm a little worried since it got that "S" marked on the back, did someone add the SS to this? What's underne

Default SS Screwback badge?

I traded a US Ames 1944 shovel for this screwback badge some days ago. I'm a little worried since it got that "S" marked on the back, did someone add the SS to this?
    What's underneath the SS?

Also it's marked Ges. Gesch on the back. The title on the badge says "MUSSERT GARDE 1939 - 1940"

(Sorry for large images, i'm about to go to school so i don't got time to edit them)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Screwback badge?
    P
    Many

Again...not authentic.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

You know, sometimes one only needs to read a thread's title to know the featured item will be no good.

Apparently, this one started its life as a poor fake of the commemorative badge for the Mussert-Garde. What you see on the reverse side is not an "S", but the Wolfsangel symbol featured on that badge. (Apart from the other things wrong with it, originals had a black border with silver letters, by the way.)

Then somebody decided it would be better still with a fake SS emblem stuck on top of it, turning a fake into a complete fantasy piece.

Sorry to bring bad news, but you really should have kept that shovel.

A general word of advice: Keep clear of any and all allegedly SS-related screwback badges.

I always hate to see this-and we see far too much of it here. A young interested collector tries to begin in the hobby and almost inevitably walks into a thief's traps and ends up getting conned out of their hard earned money and left with a pile of unenviable junk and a sour taste in their mouth. It's people like these con-men that turn off so many new collectors and understandably so. And most disgusting of all, the authorities will rarely-if ever-do anything about it. If a person used a slug in a vending machine, they would nail their hides to the barn door, but sell a young person a costly pile of intentionally deceitful trash? No such luck.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

In the future, post it here before proceeding with acquisition.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.