Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS SD Dienstrock

Article about: Some of our more advanced collectors may well frown upon me posting this tunic, as it is a totally fabricated piece... but nonetheless still of some interest. This tunic, along with a few he

Default SS SD Dienstrock

Some of our more advanced collectors may well frown upon me posting this tunic, as it is a totally fabricated piece... but nonetheless still of some interest. This tunic, along with a few headgear and another tunic, were passed on to me by a local NHS nurse who knew that I collected militaria, and last Monday he dropped the lot off at our house after working his shift at a local NHS hospital. The cap in the picture is a high end reproduction made by Michael Janke, and there is another cap - a 'crusher' - which is not pictured. I was told that this one was made in Czechoslovakia about 50 years ago, and it does show genuine age. The tunic illustrated was commissioned by him some 10 years ago, and he told me that he had it made in Germany by a tailoring company that used to make them during the war. The tunic was cut to original patterns, and was constructed in exactly the same way. Even the little tack stitches to the back of the collars were added. Shoulder boards are stitched in, and retaining buttons are of the threaded type. All insignia were made as close as possible to the originals, and by the time it had been finished it cost an astonishing £400... and bear in mind that this was 10 years ago! Not many collectors could afford an original, and this is about as close you could expect to get to owning one. I don't collect TR as a rule, but it has certainly made me think about getting some original awards to display on it. It hangs like a bag of s**t on the mannequin, which is actually too small for the tunic. Click on images to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve.

SS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD DienstrockSS SD Dienstrock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS SD Dienstrock
    P
    Many

?

Its a great piece to use as reference material for those who need that regarding wss

I think it would be a lot more likely for this individual to have a Kriegsverdienstkreuz ribbon than a EK ribbon, if he was the recipient of the Blutorden.

Thanks for the information... I'll take the EK ribbon off and change it. Although it's only a repro, I might as well have it as an accurate repro!

Cheers,
    Steve

Moderne copy, sorry !

ok, I am out now ....;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Wash your mouth out Kris! This pristine example of the dienstrock was made for Hauptsturmfuhrer Otto von Snitzensnotter of the elite 'Special Detachment' (SD) patrol which was recently formed to ensure that we are all 'social distancing' during the current epidemic!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Wash your mouth out Kris! This pristine example of the dienstrock was made for Hauptsturmfuhrer Otto von Snitzensnotter of the elite 'Special Detachment' (SD) patrol which was recently formed to ensure that we are all 'social distancing' during the current epidemic!
    .... and just the thing to wear down to the local job centre office
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "