Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS / SD drill tunic, possibly my next restoratiion project..

Article about: So, please let me know what you all think of this, it is dated mid 1930's, and from what i've been told that its possibly an drill tunic. The person that owns this, thinks that its faded, i

Default SS / SD drill tunic, possibly my next restoratiion project..

So, please let me know what you all think of this, it is dated mid 1930's, and from what i've been told that its possibly an drill tunic.

The person that owns this, thinks that its faded, i actually think it is a earth grey , like some tunics ive seen.

The rear 2 RZM marked belt ramps are in the pocket, as they have came off .

None of the threads glow under black light.

Please let me know what you all think of it.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS / SD drill tunic, possibly my next restoratiion project..   SS / SD drill tunic, possibly my next restoratiion project..  

SS / SD drill tunic, possibly my next restoratiion project..   SS / SD drill tunic, possibly my next restoratiion project..  

SS / SD drill tunic, possibly my next restoratiion project..   SS / SD drill tunic, possibly my next restoratiion project..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS / SD drill tunic, possibly my next restoratiion project..
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS / SD drill tunic, possibly my next restoratiion project..

I don't claim to know much, but my guess is that this is some type of summer tunic rather than drill tunic.
    The only reason I say that is because I do not see a drill tunic having this much insignia. Also, all the pictures of drill that I have seen show the officers wearing their regular uniforms.
    The only picture I have of my grandfather in WW2 is him in his drill tunic. There is NO insignia on the uniform at all, and he wears his police M43. Just my two cents.

-Martin

One other thing... Looks really "familiar".

German WW2/WWII Waffen Elite Summer Tunic - eBay (item 150432840968 end time Apr-18-10 16:22:06 PDT)

I doubt that auction will last long!

-Martin

?

Fake from top to bottom, IMO.

Excellent examples of original tropical tunics can be seen here ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection

Yes, thats the one, i have been talking with him on it, as he has sent me more pics of it, hes says one thing about it, and i had a friend look at the pics, and he says it looks like a drill tunic.

I dont look on Ebay that much, because of all of the garbage, but once in awhile, you will get a person that is listing an item for a relative, that they have no idea what the items are.

And now im asking the members in here on it.

Brian

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    I don't claim to know much, but my guess is that this is some type of summer tunic rather than drill tunic.
    The only reason I say that is because I do not see a drill tunic having this much insignia. Also, all the pictures of drill that I have seen show the officers wearing their regular uniforms.
    The only picture I have of my grandfather in WW2 is him in his drill tunic. There is NO insignia on the uniform at all, and he wears his police M43. Just my two cents.

-Martin
    Do you have a pic of him in his tunic.

Brian

Hi Brian, I agree with Walter and I would pass on this tunic if I were you.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Walter View Post
    Fake from top to bottom, IMO.

Excellent examples of original tropical tunics can be seen here ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection
    WOW, words cannot say enough about those tunics, the one main thing in all of those, is the fact they all look tailored made, pure craftsmanship in each and everyone of them.

I thank you very much for the link to those pics.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Do you have a pic of him in his tunic.
    Yeah,

Go here:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...perwork-17893/

-Martin

Save your money for something original. This tunic is not an SS tunic. The lower pocket flap cut is incorrect for SS.

Bob Hritz