Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SS Seelager Cuff Title?

Article about: It's not just that a Seelager cuff title was never authorized and that there is no period evidence for its existence whatsoever... It just does not seem plausible to me that there should a s

Default Re: SS Seelager Cuff Title?

It's not just that a Seelager cuff title was never authorized and that there is no period evidence for its existence whatsoever... It just does not seem plausible to me that there should a special cuff title for a short-lived (roughly 1 year) military training area established in occupied Latvia in 1943.

Seelager has to be considered a complete post-war fantasy cuff title (and is even listed by Lumsden as an example for those).

Apparantly, it has been available for a long time, though. Here is a scan from a 1975-dated dealer's price list I own, which also includes it, along with numerous other fantasy cuff titles, some of which are even of an utterly absurd nature (such as "Ratsch Bum", "Schneegestöber", "Skorpion" etc. etc.)...:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ärmelstreifen.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	510098

...all available at the time for 12.50 DM in machine embroidery or 14.-- DM in "officer-version" metallic embroidery.

Although I admittedly don't know whether these were of the same make as the cuff title that started this thread, I thought this listing might just be of interest here.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 05-09-2013 at 04:14 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Thank you HPL, it certainly seemed old when I held it so it may be one of those in your catalogue there. The RZM tag was particularly worn and folded from age and handling too. A shame, but rather a common story I imagine.

SS Sportschule Fürth I assume was also never authorized or listed I assume but existed, how about SS Fla MG Abt.
    Much is known from photos and survived cloth cuffband's in certain collections.
    Would never go by a list what has or has not to exist with SS cuffbands and collar tabs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12