Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS silver/gold bullion bars.....

Article about: by spectre68 ...Some of the many horrific images that came from the camps included mounds of shoes and eyeglasses which were to be reissued to Germans, gold and silver rings and even gold te

Default Re: SS silver/gold bullion bars.....

I found this pic, as to why, the Gold bullion bars are illegal to own, as you can see from the pic, that is a shitload of wedding bands in the box in the picture.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS silver/gold bullion bars.....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS silver/gold bullion bars.....
    P
    Many

?

Anyone who has a gold bar from that era should see this photo and realise that they possess a bar of human suffering in their hands and hang their heads in shame.

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Anyone who has a gold bar from that era should see this photo and realise that they possess a bar of human suffering in their hands and hang their heads in shame.
    I would like to see your proof, Precious metal/Ring collecting was very common in Germany as elsewhere to help provide funds for the war effort so these rings could have been donated by the good citizens of Germany...just saying like...

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I found this pic, as to why, the Gold bullion bars are illegal to own, as you can see from the pic, that is a shitload of wedding bands in the box in the picture.

Brian
    a picture that says a thousand words, very sad indeed,
    would not many of the silver ss rings and the like come from this same source or would they pre date all of this activity.....

CMc
    ?

Yes, voluntary donation of valuable objects did exist during the war, not just in Nazi Germany but in many countries during the war, actually in Britain practically everything that could be of help to the war effort was accepted, although as far as I know in Britain this mostly took the form of collecting materials which could be directly recycled into war materials, everything from jewelry of precious metals, down to iron railings and fences.

Having said that, it's also true that all over Europe, the occupying German forces became infamous for their looting. Everything from the artworks and artifacts of the Paris museums and art galleries, to the ornate furnishings of Polish cathedrals was packed up and moved to Germany, sometimes even ending up in the private collections of decadent key Nazis such as Goering. Not only that, but in concentration camps, anything of any conceivable interest to the war effort that was found on the prisoners was collected for reuse. This included everything from jewelry and luxury items down to literally stripping the shirts off their backs. Some of the many horrific images that came from the camps included mounds of shoes and eyeglasses which were to be reissued to Germans, gold and silver rings and even gold teeth destined for smelting, and even piles of human hair, shaved from prisoners' heads and collected for recycling, although for what purpose I'm not sure.

Given those circumstances, I'd agree that the evidence of the Nazis' looting activities need to be preserved, just like the evidence of their other terrible crimes, so that the victims are never forgotten and the criminals never forgiven, but to me place for such items is in museums rather than private collections.

It's a different matter with artifacts relating to soldiers fighting a war, which to me seem entirely appropriate to be held in a private collection or displayed in public, but I don't think I'd want to collect anything that was once loot. Regarding evidence of these activities, if you Google or search on Wikipedia for Nazi gold or loot, numerous official sources are linked to, such as government reports and reputable media sources, discussing the events we're discussing. Photographic evidence can also be found the same way, showing the discovery of Nazi loot, including some of the images I alluded to, like the chilling scenes of piles of shoes, eyeglasses and human hair collected for recycling.

?

Quite possibly, but there is something more sinister in the gold bar ,where there is more than a possibility that the gold content came from the possessions of the dead.

WOW, Guys i did not mean to cause any troubles, when i posted that pic, its just that we was talking about gold bars, and where some came from, as not all German gold came from wedding rings and such, i came across that picture, and thought i would share it.

not at all blackheart, thanks for posting the picture......

...Some of the many horrific images that came from the camps included mounds of shoes and eyeglasses which were to be reissued to Germans, gold and silver rings and even gold teeth destined for smelting, and even piles of human hair, shaved from prisoners' heads and collected for recycling, although for what purpose I'm not sure. ...

It is alleged that the hair was used to make army blanket and socks for U boat crews. I found this link for documentation. Germany - Car Firm Used Hair from 40,000 Auschwitz Prisoners -- VosIzNeias.com

Jer

i saw those bogus gold and silver bars on craig's list and really let him have it about his BS story,,,he became quite agitated,,,LOL...what a load of malarky...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast