Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Skull

Article about: by bwanek1 What our good friend here fails to recognize or acknowledge is that ALL of the pieces of the puzzle must fit for a fake to be truly convincing. Visually, a high-quality casting ma

?

Default Re: SS Skull

good call Dimas and Ade thank you Gentlemen !. i must say that they had aged the button well , any guesses on its age ?

Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Skull
    P
    Many

Hi Al, no real way to tell that one. It could have easily been made last week for all we know.

I know that our forum friend Brad has an original 1194/40 in his collection. I am sure he will comment once he sees this thread.

Cheers, Ade.

?

thanks for the pics ade . That one looks like it was made last week !

cheers Al

?

i`ve been looking at that button again , and the wear on it looks very even all over and not just on the proud surfaces ! I wonder if it has been lightly shot with a sand blaster to take the sheen off it !

Al

Sorry to disappoint you, Ade, but I actually do not have an original 1194/40. I did get my hands on one of the 3-piece fakes a year or so ago and made some comparison photos with an original 1194-39 of mine at the time. It ia a pretty good fake, but, if you take a close look at the pebbling, you should see clear differences:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Skull  

Here is an original that belongs to a friend. While the 3-piece fake is pretty close, there are some distinct differences in the materials and marking style. The fake which started this thread is a cheaply made cast copy (and, dare I say, fairly obviously so).
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Skull  SS Skull 

?

thanks for showing pics Brad , that repro you show is really close to the real thing isn`t it ? especially to the untrained eye , ie : mine . On the original i can see the pebbling is of better quality , the border on the crimped edge is smaller and neater and the identification stampings are different . Very easy to come unstuck there !

cheers Al

Fenix82
    ?

the prices are between 250 and 350 Euro's

Here's some other intresting pics. You can see it from inside
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Skull  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Skull 

?

Quote by bwanek1 View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, Ade, but I actually do not have an original 1194/40. I did get my hands on one of the 3-piece fakes a year or so ago and made some comparison photos with an original 1194-39 of mine at the time. It ia a pretty good fake, but, if you take a close look at the pebbling, you should see clear differences:
    Brad please enlight me - both of these on yours first picture are fake?

Quote by cysior View Post
    Brad please enlight me - both of these on yours first picture are fake?
    No, the 1194/39 on the left is original; the 1194/40 on the right is a fake. I simply didn't have an 1194/40 original to use for the photo to compare with the fake. However, as both the 1194/39 and 1194/40 originals have the same front design, the comparison is still good for showing the differences, especially in the pebbling.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast