Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS sleeve diamonds

Article about: Hi, I am just curious, were there any versions of SS sleeve diamonds in flatwire? I think they made a NSKK flatwire diamond, but what about other SS or SD?, I am familiar with the em and off

Default SS sleeve diamonds

Hi, I am just curious, were there any versions of SS sleeve diamonds in flatwire? I think they made a NSKK flatwire diamond, but what about other SS or SD?, I am familiar with the em type and officers metallic bullion, but what about flatwire?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS sleeve diamonds
    P
    Many

Quote by KEVIN23 View Post
    .. I think they made a NSKK flatwire diamond, ..
    I did study these a bit , and IMO that flatwire insignia was made for wear by the NSKK itself . I have only seen them with blue-colored ( NSKK ) labels , never black ( SS ) ones .
    I think only the early ( metal wheel ) version was actually worn by the SS .

The SD Raute in flatwire is a confirmed postwar reproduction , I have seen entire rolls of these for sale .

As far as I know , all original diamond sleeve insignia were either made in thin white / greyish machine stitching , hand embroidered in silver bullion , or ( rarely ) hand embroidered in thick white thread .

Thanks much Winkelman, I think you are spot on