Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss sleeve eagle

Article about: Guys i had found this online and it looks abit peculiar, i am unsure if this is authentic. Any specific traits this one holds that sets it aside from other known eagles ?

Default Ss sleeve eagle

Guys i had found this online and it looks abit peculiar, i am unsure if this is authentic. Any specific traits this one holds that sets it aside from other known eagles ?
    Attached Images Attached Images Ss sleeve eagle  Ss sleeve eagle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss sleeve eagle
    P
    Many

?

I dont like this one. The pictures arent detailed which would already give me a red flag; this is either not from a man who sells often or from a man who has something to hide.

The head resembles a pigeon more than it does an eagle. This has not been made with precision as far as I can see. IMO a fake.

I thought the eagles beak looked abit off. And yes typically bad pictures from sellers . sometimes i will admit running into good items with bad pictures from sellers that may not understand how clear pictures will tell the tale.... And rhen the opposite...bag guys selling fake junk with bad pictures... I will get with the seller and let him know

I would pass on this as well. There's no definition between the the body and wings, poor execution for a supposed machine woven piece. There are hand embroidered examples that have a similar-ish style head and I think that's what they were playing on. The fabric it is attached to doesn't give me any more confidence in the overall authenticity of the whole thing. It looks more like Gonzo than an eagle jmo. Examples of embroidered eagles from the Bando Beaver book can be seen and compared to (head shape) in the attached thread. Best regards.

Brian

officer sleeve eagle

You can not compare bullion to embroidered, IMO.
    They do vary.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph I wasn't comparing the quality per-se rather the style or shape of the eagle. I understand each piece of hand bullion will differ. But if a collector happens to see a shape of an eagle that is original I wouldn't put it beyond fakers to try and replicate the shape, regardless of manufacture process/technique. It s "original by association" if you will. That's just my take on it s irregular head shape. Actually I think it's a machine embroidery style trying to be a Dachau eagle unsuccessfully. Cheaply done obviously trying to be a battlefield cut off double up the profits of the faker. Best regards

Brian

Machine embroidered Dachau eagle. From Bando Beaver book.Ss sleeve eagle

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post

Machine embroidered Dachau eagle. From Bando Beaver book.Ss sleeve eagle
    There is also more than one style of embroidered eagle.
    Here are two of mine.
    Ralph.

Ss sleeve eagle
    Ss sleeve eagle
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Agreed but no embroidered original eagles I could find (admittedly not an exhaustive search) had that irregular shaped Gonzo head, however the bullion examples did have variations that we're close-ish in shape

Ss sleeve eagleSs sleeve eagleSs sleeve eagle

Original bullion eagle, fake bullion eagle, and op eagle similar head shapes. Similar to the way a faker may of bought a combat lid and postwar SS decal and slapped it on, not regarding wether or not the style/shape of the decal matched the one used by the helmet manufacturer. Just the comparison I was trying to make. BTW very nice examples Ralph, top notch like the rest of the items in your collection. Best regards.

Brian