Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd

Article about: Hi guys, is this a real SS sportshemd minus the sports emblem? I have a nice SS sports emblem and it retains a little bit of the fabric where it was cut off, so I compared the fabric left on

?

Default SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd

Hi guys, is this a real SS sportshemd minus the sports emblem? I have a nice SS sports emblem and it retains a little bit of the fabric where it was cut off, so I compared the fabric left on my sports emblem to this Sportshemd and it looks to be the same material... However, I've never handled an SS Sportshemd and wasn't able to find any photos of an original online either. What do you think?

SS Sportshemd, just the HemdSS Sportshemd, just the HemdSS Sportshemd, just the Hemd

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd

It does not look like a TR style made sport shirt to me. Also could have been SA emblem.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

If you go to ss steel he has an original ss sport shirt thats sold. Does it have a tag? That would help.

A link would be nice youthcollector. Far as a tag does fruit of the loom count?

Eric

?

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    It does not look like a TR style made sport shirt to me. Also could have been SA emblem.

Eric
    Eric, nice thought! However, I think the SA sports shirt emblem is slightly larger than the SS one, here's a pic that I found, but do not own.

SS Sportshemd, just the Hemd

?

Thanks Youthcollector, I found a link for the item, nice work! SS Steel Inc. | SS Cloth Gallery

Here's some shots of the shirt from the link

SS Sportshemd, just the HemdSS Sportshemd, just the HemdSS Sportshemd, just the HemdSS Sportshemd, just the Hemd

The cut of this original shirt looks like the one that I found, but the one that I found doesn't have this nice tag in it. I bet if the guy took off his sports shirt emblem, he'd cut out the tag too. Looks good to me so far... but that's usually a bad sign, haha.

Great pic I will keep this as a ref. Thanks for the pic!
    The v neck and taper, still don't look like the SA pic's or a sport shirt, The "few I have handled". Would be more than glad to be wrong and could be.

Eric

This is what I saw sewing style in the neck, I like pic 1 ,as I said glad to be wrong but not what I have seen.

SS Sportshemd, just the HemdSS Sportshemd, just the Hemd

Eric

Eric if you could upload a closer/better picture of the V neck stiching I think we can solve this. From the pictures so far I think their different. However, the picture from ss steel looks to be an early style. I have two different ss sport patches, one cloth rzm, one paper, and they are different. Could be true with the shirt as well. Just a thought.

Since you provided the 1st pic and Eddie the other in post 8 I can't improve on the image.. I go commando so under garment's is moot for me.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast