MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS standart bearer gorget for review

Article about: I know nothing about these..but a photo below..of what is commonly seen as an SA / SS Gorget.

?

Default SS standart bearer gorget for review

Hi guys,

I came across this SS standart bearer gorget. Posted here for review as I don't know much about this gorgets.
    Makermarked M1/24 on one of the prongs on the back which means it should be made by Overhoff. But, die Overhoff produced these gorgets and how real is this one accually? I would appreciate your honest opinions. Thx. K.

SS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for reviewSS standart bearer gorget for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS standart bearer gorget for review
    P
    Many

I might be totally wrong here, but I'm definitely not liking this one. Particularly, the diamond eyed skulls on the links. The attachments on the backside also look wrong as well as the 2 SS buttons on the front. This gorget looks like nothing I've ever seen before. Looks artificially aged and new.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi KRISSE , I cannot help you with this one my friend , all I can say is that these have been faked to a supremely high level and this one looks like it is brand new! I may be completely wrong but I see no age to it? Leon.

Bloody awful and bears no real resemblance in the metal to the real item.

- - ------- - -

Maybe Adrian or another of our stalwarts, i.e. Doug B has an authentic one to show us.

it don't ring my bell,sorry Krisse.

?

Thx guys. And I think the real ones go for very expensive prices aswell as they aren't so easy to find ofc...

?

Hello Krisse
    There are more than a few "cringe-worthy" items on that site. Tread with extreme caution.

Regards
    Brett

?

Thx Brett. That's why I post it here first. I've been burned twice not so long ago so,... lessons learned.

Sadly I don't have one to show. But I have handled a real one and this is not one of them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here shown one of the SS gorgets I showed in my in 2012 released book
    about gorgets (Ringkragen und Brustschilder im Dritten Reich).
    Note the mint condition and eagle's details. This gorget is from the well-known
    and most excellent collection from my friend: David Delich.

The SS runes are from another SS gorget, from the collection of Michael Shaner
    from the USA!

I have not ever heard from such gorget, made by Overhoff. All found SS-gorgets
    were marked M 1/128, being the concern of Eugen Schmidhäussler from Pforzheim.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast