Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Standarte 70 Flag

Article about: A command flag of SS Standarte 70 from Glogau, Lower Silesia

pjm
    ?

Default SS Standarte 70 Flag

A command flag of SS Standarte 70 from Glogau, Lower Silesia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Standarte 70 Flag   SS Standarte 70 Flag  

SS Standarte 70 Flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Standarte 70 Flag
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Standarte 70 Flag

Thank you. A very interesting piece. Colleagues Hritz and Coleman are also beflagged in this way. Did this piece come from Poland somehow?

pjm
    ?

Yes, this came from Polish Silesia via Czechoslovakia in 1989

Thank you. A very interesting piece. Did you get the black uniforms of the Standarte staff, too?

pjm
    ?

I got one black 4 pocket jacket but without insignia but also some flags from Breslau and Reichenberg and flag bearer bandoliers.

Quote by pjm View Post
    I got one black 4 pocket jacket but without insignia but also some flags from Breslau and Reichenberg and flag bearer bandoliers.
    Congratulations. Please show us the black tunic, if you are so inclined.

pjm
    ?

Sure. It's nothing special and used postwar as a film costume. It did have the original sleeveband shadow on the cuff as can be seen in the photo and threads from a second, possibly costume use sleeveband on the lower sleeve. Insignia was replaced and inventory stamps were inside and RZM label had been removed.

I sold it some time ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Standarte 70 Flag   SS Standarte 70 Flag  

SS Standarte 70 Flag   SS Standarte 70 Flag  

SS Standarte 70 Flag   SS Standarte 70 Flag  

SS Standarte 70 Flag  

Thank you. An honest piece with the patina of the 20th century. It is a credit to our central European friends that they were thrifty with the left overs of the III. Reich.

Here is a black uniform from the Eggerland/Karlsbad Saaz (Sudetenland, western Bohemia) that some US soldier found and it somehow did not make it into a communist costume house.

But I think the ex-communist costume house pieces are fine, too.

The rank patch was restored. The cap is an enlisted cap that has been upgraded. All the things here are dated 1938, as appropriate the the establishment of this Sta. The cap is the one in the Wilkins book with the added velvet band. I imagine the man's wife or sister did, not a real craftsman as in the case of others I have seen. The tunic is the RZM/VA SS inssued piece versus a tailor made one.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Standarte 70 Flag  SS Standarte 70 Flag  SS Standarte 70 Flag 

Further images of note....
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Standarte 70 Flag  SS Standarte 70 Flag  SS Standarte 70 Flag 

Intact black SS tunics from the territory of what would be the present day Czech Republic seem pretty rare. The black uniform on exhibit with the Heydrich material from Praha was in fact from Halle/Salle, the birth place of the deputy Reichsprotektor, but not from the many Standarten raised in late 1938 in the Sudetenland after its annexation to the Reich.

I am sure I am in error in this statement, or maybe all the uniforms got recycled into film costumes in Poland and Czechia.

Thanks for your kind generosity with your interesting material.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast