Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS stickpin fake or original?

Article about: Any opinions appreciated good or bad!

Cotton52
    ?

Default SS stickpin fake or original?

Any opinions appreciated good or bad!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS stickpin fake or original?   SS stickpin fake or original?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS stickpin fake or original?

Sorry this is a fake, the letters should be impressed and not raised.

Cheers, Ade.

Cotton52
    ?

Thanks Ade!Bought this about 15 years ago for 40.00,thought it was kind of cheap,its pretty well made for a fake compaired to most I have seen,ser. numbers and everything!Win some lose some.

Also, shouldn't the sig runes be at the same level?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Cotton52
    ?

I just saw a pin exactly like mine except different number ,on a dealers site and emailed him that I have one like it,I put it on a forum and they said it was no good.He replied that he dosent care what any "expert" on a forum says,his came in a vet grouping and he has had a few like it over his collecting years and they are 100% original,wow!Who would have made these post war pins and when?Do you guys see a lot of them?

?

This may well have come as part of a vet grouping but that doesn't make it wartime , many SS Vets will have pins like this together with unit ones that they have worn or purchased at reunions etc.

If you go to a Waffen SS reunion , not that there are many to go to now and they are fairly common !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Cotton52
    ?

OK,thanks for the info,no the dealer implyed that a US vet brought one like this back from ww2 Germany.Must have been much later,mystery solved,they are post war pins bought by former ss members at reunions,wow I thought this insignia would be outlawed in post war europe.

Thumbs up Ss pins

Here is a few of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS stickpin fake or original?  SS stickpin fake or original?  SS stickpin fake or original?  SS stickpin fake or original? 

Thanks Jim for showing your originals. Now the membership can compare them to the fake show which started this thread.

Cheers, Ade.

nice one Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast